Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: ISU-Red Post Game Thoughts/Discussion.

Default Re: ISU-Red Post Game Thoughts/Discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Rewatched the game again last night. I don't know why but Tyler went ultra conservative in the second half. The first half was pretty good play calling just poor execution. Didn't see hardly any of those same calls in the second half. Just about 75% of the second half was a run between the A or B gaps for 2-4 yards. I don't know if TR got stubborn there or if it was a cognizant decision since ISU wasn't doing much offensively but really wierd play calling when they got it within 6 points IMO. Gotta be more diverse to keep defenses on their toes.
    Would have expected NDSU to go for the jugular. One touchdown in the second half and the game is basically over.
    College of Business Alumnus

RonMexico is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by PrideofFargo View Post
    The defensive sounded quite pleased with their performance... Does that not count? They expected a shut out and gave up 3... also, it’s finals week... if you want to be hyper-critical of athletes, watch the NFL.
    No one has said a damn thing about the players or the defense. I have only called out the coaches and specifically the offensive coaches because they did a poor job. The defense played lights out. They were incredible. The player on offense did everything they could with that crap game plan that the coaches came up with. I haven't seen one person call out the players for this game. Everything has been about the coaching so quit trying to say that people are being critical of the athletes. NO ONE IS BEING CRITICAL OF THE ATHLETES!! We are being critical of the COACHES that are getting paid good money to do their job.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Would have expected NDSU to go for the jugular. One touchdown in the second half and the game is basically over.
    Agreed. It was like watching Polasek in that JMU game and his obsession with the jet sweep.

The defensive sounded quite pleased with their performance... Does that not count? They expected a shut out and gave up 3... also, it’s finals week... if you want to be hyper-critical of athletes, watch the NFL.
    Read my posts and tell me where I have been “hyper—critical”. What you are saying is do not be critical. Your “fuck you people” is really a good start to a discussion. Did you stop and consider that there is genuine concern for what is going on?
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    I think Tyler Roehl knew that game was in check and wanted to limit as much mistakes as possible. It was too conservative, but in all honesty, the game was done as soon as we went up two scores.

I have yet to read a fan’s perspective on here that reads something similar to this: “maybe this was the best possible outcome today, a win, damn it feels good to keep this going... Instead it’s all “you (coaches) didn’t do what I think you should do!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do what I think you should do!” “I the FAN on the OUTSIDE knows better than you COACHES on the INSIDE what to do!!!”
    The positive comments do in fact exist.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    I think Tyler Roehl knew that game was in check and wanted to limit as much mistakes as possible. It was too conservative, but in all honesty, the game was done as soon as we went up two scores.
    That may be true but I think all of our butts puckered when ISU scored. You let any team hang around in a 1 score game and you're asking for trouble. 1 stupid play away from losing 10-9!

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    ... I'll never take any of these playoff games for granted before they're played... I always have doubts (even in 2013 and 2018). Maybe that's just the Vikings fan in me coming out. In any case I'm seeing the silver lining about this game in that it checks the egos of some of our most arrogant fans. This team is beatable and guess what? So was every other Bison team that's taken the field during this title run.
    Agreed. Amen.

(and some kudos to the Redbirds and their coaches. They came to play.)

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by RonMexico View Post
    yeah..just shut up and give them your money. Forgive me for wanting this team to play up to it's potential and calling out the coaches when they put together a crap game plan.
    Holding one of the most dangerous rushing offenses in the FCS to 3 points is a crap game plan?

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    That may be true but I think all of our butts puckered when ISU scored. You let any team hang around in a 1 score game and you're asking for trouble. 1 stupid play away from losing 10-9!
    This X1000. Honestly, this game is probably vastly different if those three NDSU field goals were TD’s instead. ISUr is going to play with a different mentality when the game is within striking distance. You cannot let good teams hang around and our coaches better not be content in doing so.