Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: ISU-Red Post Game Thoughts/Discussion.

Default Re: ISU-Red Post Game Thoughts/Discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by bajadanny View Post
    Yep and the one guy on there had been pumping up montana all year, he should just go back there, I get so sick of it I don’t listen to that crap station.

Great article in the paper today, pretty much sums things up, will be interesting to hear the backlash on that.
    Jorgy is a Montana native and grew ups Griz can.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

How do we go from winning 37-3 at their place against their #1 QB to winning 9-3 at home...in the playoffs... against their backup QB?!

Quote Originally Posted by DCinOK View Post
    How do we go from winning 37-3 at their place against their #1 QB to winning 9-3 at home...in the playoffs... against their backup QB?!
    Their QB was a non-factor, is irrelevant IMO.

The difference is NDSU's offense and how the Redbird's responded to what happened at their place. Their defense progressed. NDSU's offense regressed, and couldn't figure it out when they needed to. W/o one sustained drive in the whole game, there is no way to sugarcoat how NDSU's offense performed. Most of the blame has to go to the coaches, IMO - too predictable in play calling. The players to blame, probably somewhat - like, could the receivers have done a better job getting open.

RonMexico is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by PrideofFargo View Post
    9) NDSU boomer fans are dick-sneezes for expecting absolute perfection every single moment of this year. 35 wins in a row. 10 years of semi finals in a row.... Still not enough... in the words of George Carlin: “fuck you people”
    yeah..just shut up and give them your money. Forgive me for wanting this team to play up to it's potential and calling out the coaches when they put together a crap game plan.

Quote Originally Posted by RonMexico View Post
    yeah..just shut up and give them your money. Forgive me for wanting this team to play up to it's potential and calling out the coaches when they put together a crap game plan.
    Agree 100%. Nothing wrong with calling out failed performance.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

9) NDSU boomer fans are dick-sneezes for expecting absolute perfection every single moment of this year. 35 wins in a row. 10 years of semi finals in a row.... Still not enough... in the words of George Carlin: “fuck you people”
    Right on. Everyone of these know it all's could have called or played a better game right? Could we have played better, sure but when could you not say that. The other teams practice too and have good players this time of year. Go back to the 80's we won a lot of games by 40 points but also won some by a field goal, even during our championship runs. We won that's all that matters. On to MSU.
    Best DI Football Team in the Tri-State Area - AGAIN

I won’t forgive you because you want this team to play up to YOUR potential to make YOU feel better. Again if 35 wins in a row isn’t playing up to YOUR potential then again I refer back to GC: Fuck you people.
    Do you think that the team played up to their potential? Even the players acknowledged they did not play well when they were interviewed after the game.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

These attitudes really aren't that surprising to me when we constantly here excuses like "I'm not going to show up for a national quarterfinal because I know it's going to be a blowout" from these armchair experts who think they know a lot more about FCS football than they do. So when something like this happens rather than admit that they were wrong they'll tear down the coaches and team.

I'll never take any of these playoff games for granted before they're played... I always have doubts (even in 2013 and 2018). Maybe that's just the Vikings fan in me coming out. In any case I'm seeing the silver lining about this game in that it checks the egos of some of our most arrogant fans. This team is beatable and guess what? So was every other Bison team that's taken the field during this title run.

RonMexico is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I won’t forgive you because you want this team to play up to YOUR potential to make YOU feel better. Again if 35 wins in a row isn’t playing up to YOUR potential then again I refer back to GC: Fuck you people.
    Really, you think that that performance on Saturday was the best they could have done? You think that was the best game plan they could have come up with? Apparently, you don't want to see this coaching staff. 35 wins in a row is incredible, but that don't mean shit on game day. What matters is how you coach THAT day, and on that day, the coaches on offense did not do a very good job. And if you say otherwise you are a blind ass homer.

And this team winning or losing doesn't have any effect on how I feel so go fuck yourself. I have been coaching for 30 years of my life at the high school and college level so when I see bad coaching I call it out. I don't give a shit if it is the team I root for or not.

Rewatched the game again last night. I don't know why but Tyler went ultra conservative in the second half. The first half was pretty good play calling just poor execution. Didn't see hardly any of those same calls in the second half. Just about 75% of the second half was a run between the A or B gaps for 2-4 yards. I don't know if TR got stubborn there or if it was a cognizant decision since ISU wasn't doing much offensively but really wierd play calling when they got it within 6 points IMO. Gotta be more diverse to keep defenses on their toes.