Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: ISU-Red Post Game Thoughts/Discussion.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: ISU-Red Post Game Thoughts/Discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Win and move on.

Need better play calling and execution from the offense.

Stop beating our head against a wall trying to run it inside if it's not working. We have other ways to attack teams. Tyler got way too conservative or stubborn today.
    It was reminiscent of Polasek and that worries me.

I wonder if the offense was a bit of a victim of it's own success. Most of the year, everything we did, worked great. Illinois State punched us in the face and took away what has worked all year. And our young coach and young QB didn't know how to adjust. They will learm
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Game replay is available on ESPN. Wow was that lateral no-call close. Definitely not clearly backwards. If it was backwards at all, it was maybe an inch or two back over 20 yards. Using the officiating philosophy Indy gave us in the GDT(it needs to be clearly going backwards - foot, not inch), it was a good no-call.

The play is at 1:14:45 on the replay.

I just left the fitness center. BP was 108/68. Did it again but was thinking about this game: 124/84. Tried one more time trying to think of nothing. All I could think of related to nothing was un_ football: BP 102/64

I heard some guy on the 1660 post-game show call in and lead with his thoughts that the Bison offense did a great job in the 4th quarter sealing up the win. I hope he’s not affiliated with the team in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by Stary2k11 View Post
    I heard some guy on the 1660 post-game show call in and lead with his thoughts that the Bison offense did a great job in the 4th quarter sealing up the win. I hope he’s not affiliated with the team in any way.
    He must be young then. Only crusty old people are concerned in the slightest about the Bison offensive offense.

1660 is a bit like listening to North Korean media.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Did we play great offensive today. Nope can be better. Did defense play great HELL yes... people are bitching about blowouts. Well today was not one and they still are not happy. Playoffs are about survive and advance. Last time I checked the score we won. See you next weekend with no Bison fatigue. Go Bison.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Jabril Cox is fast
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

RonMexico is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The ISUr Defensive ends and corners were crashing down so hard on every run and the Bison didn't once run a bootleg, counter, or reverse to make them pay. I mean that is basic offensive play calling and they couldn't see that? What the hell are they looking at up there? Do they just call the play and then bury their faces in the play sheet and not look at how the defense is reacting? Every run play there was NO ONE watching the backside on the defense.