Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3947484950 LastLast

Thread: GDT: NDSU vs. Illinois State

Default Re: GDT: NDSU vs. Illinois State

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    So you would expect that 100% of the team would be afflicted at the same time? Yes?

Yeah. Pretty sure that’s how these things work through a population. Thanks for weighing in Doc. Very helpful.
    So the flu only affected the offense? It doesn't work like that either.

The team seemed in pretty good spirts to be affected with some kind of mass flu outbreak was my point, an outbreak that for whatever reason didn't affect the special teams or defense. The struggles had more to do with the oppenent and hyper-conservative playcalling than whatever BS excuse some homer wants to make.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    So the flu only affected the offense? It doesn't work like that either.

The team seemed in pretty good spirts to be affected with some kind of mass flu outbreak was my point, an outbreak that for whatever reason didn't affect the special teams or defense. The struggles had more to do with the oppenent and hyper-conservative playcalling than whatever BS excuse some homer wants to make.
    We can agree to disagree regarding how the flu (or any other infectious disease for that matter) works its way through a population. In my experience in the working world however different groups who have limited contact with other groups have a collective infection rate at differing times.

I will agree that the Illinois State defense played a hell of a game. I am just as impressed with their effort as I am with UNI’s defensive effort on Friday night.

Having said that however I will tell you that not all of the members of the Bison offense were at 100% yesterday. Something was off. Maybe it was flu and maybe not but something was not right. I saw multiple times where multiple OL were standing around during and immediately following the play. Adam Coffield did not run as hard as he has previously and he just looked fatigued after he did make a run - for two yards.

I have been a diligent exercise practitioner for probably more years than you have trod this planet and I can tell you that when I have the flu or a cold no matter how motivated I am I will not be able to perform at 100%. Likely much less than that. Perhaps some of the offensive play calling was a nod to just what the players were capable of doing given their condition on game day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

We can agree to disagree regarding how the flu (or any other infectious disease for that matter) works its way through a population. In my experience in the working world however different groups who have limited contact with other groups have a collective infection rate at differing times.

I will agree that the Illinois State defense played a hell of a game. I am just as impressed with their effort as I am with UNI’s defensive effort on Friday night.

Having said that however I will tell you that not all of the members of the Bison offense were at 100% yesterday. Something was off. Maybe it was flu and maybe not but something was not right. I saw multiple times where multiple OL were standing around during and immediately following the play. Adam Coffield did not run as hard as he has previously and he just looked fatigued after he did make a run - for two yards.

I have been a diligent exercise practitioner for probably more years than you have trod this planet and I can tell you that when I have the flu or a cold no matter how motivated I am I will not be able to perform at 100%. Likely much less than that. Perhaps some of the offensive play calling was a nod to just what the players were capable of doing given their condition on game day.

Interesting post, especially the “trod“ part.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Illinois St #1 redzone defense in FCS for what its worth

It's all clear to me know. You clearly had the flu yourself when you made your original suspect post about the flu, and now your fever must be rising as you continue to double down on your excuse-laden mantra. Hope you are feeling better soon.

So our players are fatigued now too? Probably caught it from Chapo or one of his dozens of aliases.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Greta Van Herd View Post
    It's all clear to me know. You clearly had the flu yourself when you made your original suspect post about the flu, and now your fever must be rising as you continue to double down on your excuse-laden mantra. Hope you are feeling better soon.
    Thanks! But I actually feel fine. I had my flu shot months ago.

You’re still around eh?
    Don't believe everything you think.

I could play hurt and it really didnt bother me. But sick??? Nope.

Two days before we came to Fargo I didnt feel great. But ok to make the trip. Felt the same all through the weekend. Got home last night and it hit me like a bulldozer. I got out of bed today at 3pm today and I still feel like shit.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post

Two days before we came to Fargo I didnt feel great. But ok to make the trip. Felt the same all through the weekend. Got home last night and it hit me like a bulldozer. I got out of bed today at 3pm today and I still feel like shit.
    But did you get the flu shot!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post

You need a backup like Brock had with Wentz to scare the sick out of ya.