Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast

Thread: Friday Quarterfinal games thread

Default Re: Friday Quarterfinal games thread

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I take it all back. We Will roll JMU in Frisco. They are a sub par MVFC team at best.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    I love the confidence, but I don’t think this is the case. JMU D is better than the one we just saw.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

This has to be the lowest score quarterfinal round in quite some time.

Now that the Bison and the Redbirds played their game, this table can be completed.

Defense rules right now, it appears
    I thought the distance between the Bison and JMU was bigger after JMU only scored 17 points last night against UNI.
    With the Bison scoring only 9 today and (it seems) struggling to move the ball when they needed to, and not being able to sustain any drive throughout the game, the Bison and JMU are perhaps considerably closer than what it seemed and JMU might be considered by many to have the edge right now. The Bison had the biggest deviation (of all the Qtr-Final teams) from the season average - 31 points less than their normal. The Bison played the #4 defense (scoring) in FCS, so that is part of it. However, JMU's defense is on a par with the Redbirds (based on scoring defense) - at a little over 16 points per game. JMU in playing UNI, played the 7th best (scoring) defense at a little less than 18 points per game. This is shaping up to be a tough run for the Bison. The Montana schools have relatively weak defenses, so the Bison should score more next week - and I suspect a comfortable win. Then it would be JMU - who is looking formidable. The Bison offense will have to play better than today if they expect to beat JMU in the championship game. If I was a Vegas oddsmaker - I wd probably put JMU over the Bison. Let's see how both teams fare next week.

Team Pts Per Game Season Pts 12/13 game Difference Outcome
    James Madison 44 17 27 less W
    UNI 23 0 23 less L
    Weber State 30 17 13 less W
    Austin Peay 36 10 26 less L
    Montana 39 10 29 less L
    Montana State 35 24 11 less W
    Illinois State 21 3 18 less L
    North Dakota State 40 9 31 less W
    Last edited by Buffalo.Rider; 12-14-2019 at 08:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    JMU in Frisco is going to be different than last night. I think we are going to have our hands full.
    Yes, going to need both hands to make sure it doesn't drop.

Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Dawg View Post
    Dynamic offense today guys!

I need to start scouting Montana state. I think we’ll be seeing them in frisco this year.
    It’s adorable that you think your scouting would help JMU, and that posting stupid shit like this helps you...
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Dawg View Post
    Dynamic offense today guys!

I need to start scouting Montana state. I think we’ll be seeing them in frisco this year.
    Yeah—many posts above didnt age well, did they? I spent quite a bit of time at tailgate today defending JMU, sting your D is solid, and that your O has way more to give than what you showed last night against a UNI team that everyone saw, most importantly your staff, was not gonna be able to move the ball on you, whether run or pass. I couldn’t get any takers for my position.

And no, NDSU today on O was not doing what you/JMU did last night in putting ball back in bag, because we never, for the most part, had a 2-score lead. We were trying to get there but couldn’t, which is a bit concerning to me.

I’d take JMU over NDSU right now but, oddly, I’d take Weber over JMU and NDSU Mont. State, so ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Yeah—many posts above didnt age well, did they? I spent quite a bit of time at tailgate today defending JMU, sting your D is solid, and that your O has way more to give than what you showed last night against a UNI team that everyone saw, most importantly your staff, was not gonna be able to move the ball on you, whether run or pass. I couldn’t get any takers for my position.

And no, NDSU today on O was not doing what you/JMU did last night in putting ball back in bag, because we never, for the most part, had a 2-score lead. We were trying to get there but couldn’t, which is a bit concerning to me.

I’d take JMU over NDSU right now but, oddly, I’d take Weber over JMU and NDSU Mont. State, so ...

Really?! They had (5) interceptions, a blocked punt for a touchdown and still only won by 7. Most of the interceptions were not so much good defense as terrible throws. Offense looked worse than JMU/NDSU. I'd take all three of the other remaining teams over Weber.

Quote Originally Posted by JMUVtFan View Post
    Really?! They had (5) interceptions, a blocked punt for a touchdown and still only won by 7. Most of the interceptions were not so much good defense as terrible throws. Offense looked worse than JMU/NDSU. I'd take all three of the other remaining teams over Weber.
    Good points. I may need to reconsider. Although I’ll say that the “Weber thinking they owe you one” factor is part of my equation.

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Good points. I may need to reconsider. Although I’ll say that the “Weber thinking they owe you one” factor is part of my equation.

There's about 100 teams that owe you one. They're still working on figuring it out though.

MontBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

CAS your not thinking clearly. Had Weber beat anyone aside from Montana you wouldn’t be that high on them.