Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast

Thread: Friday Quarterfinal games thread

Default Re: Friday Quarterfinal games thread

We roll JMU IF BIG IF they make it to Frisco. Calling it now!!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    JMU's defense is good but their offense is not as dynamic as ours. I think UNI's lack of offense also made their defense look better than it is, I was actually more impressed by UNI's defense in that game. JMU had the ball in UNI's end 6 times in the first half and got only 10 points out of it. Had UNI had their best WR and TE and any kind of running game at all I think they would have had a shot to win that game. That's probably the best team JMU's played all year. Not sure Weber has enough offense to beat them either but I think it'll be another tough game.

Montana State looks better then last year. Although AP looked like they got wore down from traveling and didn't like the cold or snow. Conditions might have limited both offenses a bit. Bobcats defense looks better then last season. Offensively they still struggle with the pass. Should be a closer game then last year but we should still win handily.
    Dynamic offense today guys!

I need to start scouting Montana state. I think we’ll be seeing them in frisco this year.

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    Honestly after watching a good portion of the JMU game, I don't know how good JMU's defense actually is. UNI had absolutely no offense, mainly because they had no passing game so JMU could load up for the run. In fact even though UNI's defense is pretty good, I don't know if JMU's offense is all that good either. They had a short field all night and scored one TD?? Yes they had 2 but the last one was a gimme from the UNI QB.

Now JMU won the game, but I didn't see anything last night that screamed they were going to take it to us.
    The irony in all this is how the NDSU game is going. The same could be said. I see nothing impressive about their offense from this game, couldn't score a single touchdown today despite the frequent great field position opportunities. They also didn't seem to close, like JMU, when the opportunity presented itself. ISU is even more one dimensional, with almost literally no confidence in passing....period.

"I didn't see anything [today] that screamed [they] were going to take it to [us] "

The reality though, is that both NDSU and JMU are very good offensively and defensively. They both played very good defenses and pretty poor offenses. And after taking the lead, both JMU and NDSU took the same game approach: the only way you lose the game is by making a mistake on offense. Hence the conservative play calling and low scoring games.

Play to win, not impress. Even if that means trusting the defense.
    Last edited by JMUVtFan; 12-14-2019 at 07:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JMUVtFan View Post
    The irony in all this is how the NDSU game is going. The same could be said. I see nothing impressive about their offense from this game, couldn't score a single touchdown today despite the frequent great field position opportunities. They also didn't seem to close like JMU when the opportunity presented itself. ISU is even more one dimensional, with almost literally no confidence in passing....period.

"I didn't see anything [today] that screamed [they] were going to take it to [us] "

The reality though, is that both NDSU and JMU are very good offensively and defensively. They both played very good defenses and pretty poor offenses. And after taking the lead, both JMU and NDSU took the same game approach: the only way you lose the game is by making a mistake on offense. Hence the conservative play calling and low scoring games.

Agree that JMU would’ve smoked us today.

However, UNIs pass O isn’t likely better than ISUr’s (would rate them as equal), particularly with UNIs top receiver being out last night...and ISUr’s rushing O is much stronger than UNIs.

We SUCKED today. Period end of story.

Quote Originally Posted by Stary2k11 View Post
    Agree that JMU would’ve smoked us today.

However, UNIs pass O isn’t likely better than ISUr’s (would rate them as equal), particularly with UNIs top receiver being out last night...and ISUr’s rushing O is much stronger than UNIs.
    Possibly from a skill stand point. I was more referring from a play calling standpoint. ISU threw 8 passes today and UNI threw 30. Before the snap, you knew what ISU was going to do. UNI, although not good, was a bit more "well rounded" in play calling. I think ISU offense is better than UNI for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Dawg View Post
    Dynamic offense today guys!

I need to start scouting Montana state. I think we’ll be seeing them in frisco this year.
    Welcome! Always nice to see a marching band member attempting to socialize.

UNI and ISUR are both on the same tier in the MVFC landscape. 2 or 3 levels below this NDSU team, 1 below a healthy SDSU. Most years maybe ISUr has a little better offense while UNI is usually pretty stout defensively.

the whole "exposed" thing is so stupid. NDSU isn't going to have the same attack next week they did this week. If they took that approach, they wouldn't be 13-0 this year.

in the end, the 2 favorites looked pretty lack luster and close to the pack of chasers. Both will be favored next week. we'll see what happens, its why they play the game

I take it all back. We Will roll JMU in Frisco. They are a sub par MVFC team at best.

Quote Originally Posted by JMUVtFan View Post
    The irony in all this is how the NDSU game is going. The same could be said. I see nothing impressive about their offense from this game, couldn't score a single touchdown today despite the frequent great field position opportunities. They also didn't seem to close, like JMU, when the opportunity presented itself. ISU is even more one dimensional, with almost literally no confidence in passing....period.

This is a good assessment.

The shock on Bville is to be expected considering how easily the Bison scored against them last time. Puzzling game plan by Roehl and I hope he learns.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery