Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Friday Quarterfinal games thread

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Friday Quarterfinal games thread

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo.Rider View Post
    Defense ruled last night in these three games.
    Winter weather - 30s, wet conditions, etc, probably factored in.
    Yet, the difference between points last night and these teams averages is a bit shocking.
    The Griz - gave up 5 interceptions, but they only led to 3 points. They had other fundamental issues, could not run the ball effectively? so pass in poor conditions?
    NDSU defense is better than that of UNI. JMU looks vulnerable now, provided NDSU can score points. JMU's defense is good.

Team Pts Per Game Season Pts 12/13 game Difference Outcome
    James Madison 44 17 27 less W
    UNI 23 0 23 less L
    Weber State 30 17 13 less W
    Austin Peay 36 10 26 less L
    Montana 39 10 29 less L
    Montana State 35 24 11 less W
    Honestly after watching a good portion of the JMU game, I don't know how good JMU's defense actually is. UNI had absolutely no offense, mainly because they had no passing game so JMU could load up for the run. In fact even though UNI's defense is pretty good, I don't know if JMU's offense is all that good either. They had a short field all night and scored one TD?? Yes they had 2 but the last one was a gimme from the UNI QB.

Now JMU won the game, but I didn't see anything last night that screamed they were going to take it to us.

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    Honestly after watching a good portion of the JMU game, I don't know how good JMU's defense actually is. UNI had absolutely no offense, mainly because they had no passing game so JMU could load up for the run. In fact even though UNI's defense is pretty good, I don't know if JMU's offense is all that good either. They had a short field all night and scored one TD?? Yes they had 2 but the last one was a gimme from the UNI QB.

Now JMU won the game, but I didn't see anything last night that screamed they were going to take it to us.
    Right. We suck. Very fortunate to be undefeated in fcs this year.

Actually...on second thought,,the only thing that sucks is not being able to play all our games in a nice cushy dome where you could see what we are really capable of.

See you guys in frisco, we won’t shoot ourselves in the foot over and over again like in 2017.

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Dawg View Post

Actually...on second thought,,the only thing that sucks is not being able to play all our games in a nice cushy dome where you could see what we are really capable of.

See you guys in frisco, we won’t shoot ourselves in the foot over and over again like in 2017.
    Yes, you're undefeated in FCS. And your loss to West Virginia was super impressive. We're real proud of you.

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post

JMU in Frisco is going to be different than last night. I think we are going to have our hands full.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Dawg View Post

What position do you play, or are you one of those band/football experts? Also do you guys trash your home stadium after games like you do everywhere else?

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    JMU in Frisco is going to be different than last night. I think we are going to have our hands full.
    No doubt, if both teams make it it should be a great game.

JMU's defense is good but their offense is not as dynamic as ours. I think UNI's lack of offense also made their defense look better than it is, I was actually more impressed by UNI's defense in that game. JMU had the ball in UNI's end 6 times in the first half and got only 10 points out of it. Had UNI had their best WR and TE and any kind of running game at all I think they would have had a shot to win that game. That's probably the best team JMU's played all year. Not sure Weber has enough offense to beat them either but I think it'll be another tough game.

Montana State looks better then last year. Although AP looked like they got wore down from traveling and didn't like the cold or snow. Conditions might have limited both offenses a bit. Bobcats defense looks better then last season. Offensively they still struggle with the pass. Should be a closer game then last year but we should still win handily.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    JMU's defense is good but their offense is not as dynamic as ours. I think UNI's lack of offense also made their defense look better than it is, I was actually more impressed by UNI's defense in that game. JMU had the ball in UNI's end 6 times in the first half and got only 10 points out of it. Had UNI had their best WR and TE and any kind of running game at all I think they would have had a shot to win that game. That's probably the best team JMU's played all year. Not sure Weber has enough offense to beat them either but I think it'll be another tough game.

Montana State looks better then last year. Although AP looked like they got wore down from traveling and didn't like the cold or snow. Conditions might have limited both offenses a bit. Bobcats defense looks better then last season. Offensively they still struggle with the pass. Should be a closer game then last year but we should still win handily.
    TOP was 42 to 18. And they only put up 17.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    TOP was 42 to 18. And they only put up 17.
    That's because JMUs O went completely vanilla, that's what they are saying anyways.

RonMexico is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison56 View Post
    That's because JMUs O went completely vanilla, that's what they are saying anyways.
    yeah, because teams always go vanilla when up by 10 in the first quarter.