Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Home and Home Scheduled with Towson

Default Re: Home and Home Scheduled with Towson

Looking forward to this one. Loved the visit to Delaware/Baltimore
    I mentioned to ML that I wanted to go back and he smiled. Crafty
    Last edited by StL Bison Fan; 12-12-2019 at 05:27 PM.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Well, there goes any chance for an FBS game in 2021... I wasn't holding out much hope for one this late in the game anyway.
    On Bison 1660 this morning, JJ said he and the rest of the staff in charge of scheduling opponents were close to getting a FBS team to an agreement, but couldn't quite get it done.

Pretty hard to get teams to play that are looking for a guaranteed victory.

With that said, looking forward to these match-ups!
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    On Bison 1660 this morning, JJ said he and the rest of the staff in charge of scheduling opponents were close to getting a FBS team to an agreement, but couldn't quite get it done.

Yeah, I'm sure it's tough especially when plenty of FCS schools are playing two FBS games and almost every FBS school will only play one FCS game at most. It's a buyer's market.

Getting home/home deals with some different FCS schools isn't a bad consolation though. I'd really like to see them get a deal with an Ivy League team (which is probably similar difficulty to getting an FBS game but for different reasons) or with someone like Jacksonville St (who you'd think would be receptive).

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Meh. Towson's record since we met them in Frisco:

2014: 4-8
    2015: 7-5
    2016: 4-7
    2017: 5-6
    2018: 7-5
    2019: 7-5

I know that our options are limited but I'm not excited by going to the Baltimore area to curb stomp them. At least I have family in the area.
    Insert something clever here...

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Yeah, I'm sure it's tough especially when plenty of FCS schools are playing two FBS games and almost every FBS school will only play one FCS game at most. It's a buyer's market.

Getting home/home deals with some different FCS schools isn't a bad consolation though. I'd really like to see them get a deal with an Ivy League team (which is probably similar difficulty to getting an FBS game but for different reasons) or with someone like Jacksonville St (who you'd think would be receptive).

2021 will be an interesting year, schedule wise:

1. Albany appears to be improving with a young QB. I think this game could be the best game in the Fargodome (until the playoffs).
    2. Towson just missed out on the playoffs this year, and in 2021, the game against NDSU may be their first home game of the season with the potential of a quality team.
    3. NDSU will go a long time between home games (Valpo on September 11, and then not until Northern Iowa on Oct 9) - almost a full calendar month.
    4. NDSU ends with 2 or 3 on the road, including @ SDSU and @ Youngstown, both in November.

These are just some quick observations.

#CAA-Speed
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUKurt View Post

1. Albany appears to be improving with a young QB. I think this game could be the best game in the Fargodome (until the playoffs).
    2. Towson just missed out on the playoffs this year, and in 2021, the game against NDSU may be their first home game of the season with the potential of a quality team.
    3. NDSU will go a long time between home games (Valpo on September 11, and then not until Northern Iowa on Oct 9) - almost a full calendar month.
    4. NDSU ends with 2 or 3 on the road, including @ SDSU and @ Youngstown, both in November.

5. Trash the alerus center. Do a cannonball in the pool afterwards.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUKurt View Post

Yeah, looks like the streak could end that year...
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by gumby013 View Post
    https://twitter.com/FCS_STATS/status...725341696?s=20

Sept. 18, 2021 at Towson
    Sept. 21, 2024 at NDSU
    Had a blast out there for the Hen game. Yep I would like to go back now that I know the lay of the land.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post

I would think that we should be able to schedule a service academy. They are usually more about the wider exposure than they are about strictly wins/losses. (Plus my brother lives just across the Hudson from West Point. Would LOVE to see that happen!)