Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: St Cloud St and Crookston drop football

Default Re: St Cloud St and Crookston drop football

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    I wonder if Mankato will see this as a positive or negative development. On the one hand, it solidifies their already dominant position in NSIC football. On the other hand, they may want out for better competition. Pioneer League and then Summit in all other sports would suit them well. That is, if the leadership there had any vision whatsoever, which they don't.
    Minnesota Duluth has been a solid D2 programs for many years as well. So it will be interesting if less competition for D2 players in the region translates to more success.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Quote Originally Posted by Yote 53 View Post
    Those chickensh*ts at SCumSU are adding men's soccer to their fall sports lineup with these moves. So let me get this straight, to satisfy Title 9 requirements you cut men's football and the golf programs, then start a men's soccer program? Translation: football costs too much money and fundraising is hard so we give up.
    Or you know... Reality.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

A quote from St. Cloud State President Robbyn Wacker in this article: https://www.sctimes.com/story/news/2...ix/2634708001/

Plus, support for football has waned, Wacker said. There were 58 football season ticket holders this fall. In the last three years, the average Huskies football game drew between 1,000 and 1,300 spectators, Weems said.
    Doesn't look like the sport will be missed by many.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    A quote from St. Cloud State President Robbyn Wacker in this article: https://www.sctimes.com/story/news/2...ix/2634708001/

Doesn't look like the sport will be missed by many.
    Of course support is going to fall off when you let the sport die on a vine the way SCSU has done to that football program.

It's like last summer when I gave my neighbor an extra hosta plant that we had and when she killed it thought there was something wrong with the plant we gave her (like it was my fault). No, it's not my fault it died, you need to water the dang plant for it to live.

At least MSUM will be able to schedule a game with Concordia again.
    It's OK to not be OK.

yep. the administration in St cloud is anti sport anti everything pretty much and letting them die with no resources allows them to point and say "look no one came" pathetic admin
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Yote 53 View Post
    Those chickensh*ts at SCumSU are adding men's soccer to their fall sports lineup with these moves. So let me get this straight, to satisfy Title 9 requirements you cut men's football and the golf programs, then start a men's soccer program? Translation: football costs too much money and fundraising is hard so we give up.
    I will take it one more step...There are virtually no Men's DII Soccer programs in this part of the world. They will have to travel and play as an independent. Guess what regional DI league could desperately use another Soccer member to keep it's autobid? Guess what regional DI league doesn't have Fooball? Douple has already been on record that there were other regional schools that were interested in moving up behind the scene. If your Douple, doubling down on MN and grabbing SCSU and UST makes sense for the Summit. Again, there will be those on here that cheer for another regional rivalry like we got with UMKC and UST. SCSU to the Summit would be the last straw for me, what a joke and it IS going to happen. Somebody check on Lakes.

Don't throw any BS my way about how they are broke, indifferent and can't afford it. Omaha claimed to be in massive financial trouble as well in the months leading up to their move. SCSU is following the same playbook. They will sell it that there is more revenue at D1 and that without the albatross of football, they can do it. I will put my tin foil hat back on now...tell me I'm wrong though.

Smart move for a hawky school.

Just sayin'......

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    I will take it one more step...There are virtually no Men's DII Soccer programs in this part of the world. They will have to travel and play as an independent. Guess what regional DI league could desperately use another Soccer member to keep it's autobid? Guess what regional DI league doesn't have Fooball? Douple has already been on record that there were other regional schools that were interested in moving up behind the scene. If your Douple, doubling down on MN and grabbing SCSU and UST makes sense for the Summit. Again, there will be those on here that cheer for another regional rivalry like we got with UMKC and UST. SCSU to the Summit would be the last straw for me, what a joke and it IS going to happen. Somebody check on Lakes.

Don't throw any BS my way about how they are broke, indifferent and can't afford it. Omaha claimed to be in massive financial trouble as well in the months leading up to their move. SCSU is following the same playbook. They will sell it that there is more revenue at D1 and that without the albatross of football, they can do it. I will put my tin foil hat back on now...tell me I'm wrong though.
    Well they are better than Augie but that isn't saying much.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    yep. the administration in St cloud is anti sport anti everything pretty much and letting them die with no resources allows them to point and say "look no one came" pathetic admin
    Is the admin concentrating on academics?
    If so good for them... would seem odd at that school