Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: St Cloud St and Crookston drop football

Default Re: St Cloud St and Crookston drop football

Might have to go take a look at St. Cloud’s roster,
    see if there are any potential recruits (pwo). Already looked
    at NSIC All-Conference team to see if there were any
    FR or Soph there from St Cloud, but did not see any.
    Crookston was something like 0-11, so maybe the Dragons
    could find a player or 2 there.
    When Omaha shut down football, the Bison were able to get transfer DB Bryan Shepherd. IIRC there was a need for depth there at the time. Right now, off the top of my head, can’t think of any depth concerns at any particular position (WR?).
    Last edited by bruinbison; 12-11-2019 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Might have to go take a look at St. Cloud’s roster,
    see if there are any potential recruits (pwo). Already looked
    at NSIC All-Conference team to see if there were any
    FR or Soph there from St Cloud, but did not see any.
    Crookston was something like 0-11, so maybe the Dragons
    could find a player or 2 there.
    When Omaha shut down football, the Bison were able to get transfer DB Bryan Shepherd. IIRC there was a need for depth there at the time. Right now, off the top of my head, can’t think of any depth concerns at any particular position (WR?).
    Can they play right away? Sophomore LB from St. Cloud, 2nd team all-conference Devon Krzanowski - he is from Fon Du Lac, WI. Special teams depth?
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Can they play right away? Sophomore LB from St. Cloud, 2nd team all-conference Devon Krzanowski - he is from Fon Du Lac, WI. Special teams depth?
    I would guess the NCAA would give waivers to play immediately in the case of a football program being dropped.

Quick check of SC State's
    roster and results.....

Junior kicker Adam Stage is from the powerhouse Kimberly, HS (Appleton, WI) program.....

But he is a paltry 11-19 in FG attempts and only 8-16 from beyond 30 yards.....

Oh well.

St Johns is better than both of these teams. move along, not 1 will come to NDSU (although Pheonix Sproles is pimping his HS CB from crookstons team on twitter)
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    I will take it one more step...There are virtually no Men's DII Soccer programs in this part of the world. They will have to travel and play as an independent. Guess what regional DI league could desperately use another Soccer member to keep it's autobid? Guess what regional DI league doesn't have Fooball? Douple has already been on record that there were other regional schools that were interested in moving up behind the scene. If your Douple, doubling down on MN and grabbing SCSU and UST makes sense for the Summit. Again, there will be those on here that cheer for another regional rivalry like we got with UMKC and UST. SCSU to the Summit would be the last straw for me, what a joke and it IS going to happen. Somebody check on Lakes.

Don't throw any BS my way about how they are broke, indifferent and can't afford it. Omaha claimed to be in massive financial trouble as well in the months leading up to their move. SCSU is following the same playbook. They will sell it that there is more revenue at D1 and that without the albatross of football, they can do it. I will put my tin foil hat back on now...tell me I'm wrong though.
    No need for a tin foil hat. I think you are spot on.

They always let the players be immediately eligible when a program shuts down. Don't see why it would be any different this time.

Now offered by Fighting Hawks

taper is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    I will take it one more step...There are virtually no Men's DII Soccer programs in this part of the world. They will have to travel and play as an independent. Guess what regional DI league could desperately use another Soccer member to keep it's autobid? Guess what regional DI league doesn't have Fooball? Douple has already been on record that there were other regional schools that were interested in moving up behind the scene. If your Douple, doubling down on MN and grabbing SCSU and UST makes sense for the Summit. Again, there will be those on here that cheer for another regional rivalry like we got with UMKC and UST. SCSU to the Summit would be the last straw for me, what a joke and it IS going to happen. Somebody check on Lakes.

Don't throw any BS my way about how they are broke, indifferent and can't afford it. Omaha claimed to be in massive financial trouble as well in the months leading up to their move. SCSU is following the same playbook. They will sell it that there is more revenue at D1 and that without the albatross of football, they can do it. I will put my tin foil hat back on now...tell me I'm wrong though.
    There's no doubt the Summit has a lot of problems, but beggars can't be choosers and a mediocre conference is better than no conference. I don't have a lot of hope in the future of the Illinois schools due to complete lack of money. Very real risk we drop below the required number of teams/sports. Douple is doing what a commissioner is supposed to do and look out for the long term prospects of his conference. I don't think any of the mid-major conferences don't have some warts. Yes, I'd love to be in an all sports conference with the 4 Dakotas, 2 Montanas, Illinois St, UNI, but that's a pipe dream. So is FBS. Anybody can be successful when you're given everything, that doesn't fit the Bison.

Tom Miller's article in the GF Herald stated that the enrollment at St Cloud State has fallen from over 18,000 to now less than 12,000 in this decade.

533 In a row