Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fargodome Field

Default Re: Fargodome Field

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    How often do they to out the south stands? That was the main reason they required a turf that can roll up. For other events they can just cover the turf like every other stadium does. But if the south stands are still rolled in they need to be able to roll up the turf.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Quite a bit. Disney on ice, state tournaments, rodeos, circus are all ones I can think of these happen every year. Sure there are more random ones as well.

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    The south stands are moved for some concerts. I would guess they also move for many high school tournaments.

Didn't they already replace the US Bank turf? It doesn't last long when you just cover it with plastic panels and dump dirt and heavy equipment on top.
    Not sure the life of NFL turf. Generally high schools have to replace their turf every 10 years. The last 2-3 years it's getting fairly rough. I'm sure professional stadiums replace it sooner than that regardless of being covered.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

The south stands also don't roll out. They float out on air. My guess is that causes covered turf to not be an option.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Any chance we can crowdsource a petition to get the lines straightened on the field? It’s kind of embarrassing, especially for the best program in the subdivision.
    I agree! From one side of the field to the other they bow easily a half a yard or so! It will look real good on national tv on saturday!

How about we get the entire football team to stand at the end and pull it straight. Those guys are so strong they might detach the turf from from the machine

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Let me take a crack at it, I’m not doing so badly.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    How about we get the entire football team to stand at the end and pull it straight. Those guys are so strong they might detach the turf from from the machine
    Yeah I was thinking that too. Get the football team to flap it and shake it like one of those old heavy wrestling mats.

Lardsin must go!

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Let me take a crack at it, I’m not doing so badly.

These things are such a pain in the ass to build. Half the pieces are deformed, and you basically have to muscle them together. As for the dome, The crooked lines are very noticeable from the sidelines and it needs to be fixed. The Fargodome also needs some better food options. That fake Dominos pizza is the worst piece of crap I’ve ever eaten at a sporting event.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    The Fargodome also needs some better food options. That fake Dominos pizza is the worst piece of crap I’ve ever eaten at a sporting event.
    Must not have tried the bacon on a stick. The only thing the fargodome has going for it concessions wise is the roasted almonds.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    These things are such a pain in the ass to build. Half the pieces are deformed, and you basically have to muscle them together. As for the dome, The crooked lines are very noticeable from the sidelines and it needs to be fixed. The Fargodome also needs some better food options. That fake Dominos pizza is the worst piece of crap I’ve ever eaten at a sporting event.
    That alone took my kids and me 6 hours to build and I had to take a break because my fingers and eyes hurt.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯