Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Quarterfinals: Illinois State

Default Re: 2019 Quarterfinals: Illinois State

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Kelley Burke of The Valley Report said something that I was thinking but was too chicken to say: Gums and Robinson look similar but they are very different runners in different systems, and NDSU has an easier time with backs/systems like ISU-Red's.

https://twitter.com/Bison1660/status...90410433859585

I consider her mandatory listening, btw.
    Yeah I listen to Kelley every week with Keith B...always gives a good angle and thoughts. Playing valley teams in the playoffs just makes me feel so icky all week. I know the kids will put it all out there for whatever games we have left, just hope the execution follows.

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by OatmealWicket92 View Post
    Yeah I listen to Kelley every week with Keith B...always gives a good angle and thoughts. Playing valley teams in the playoffs just makes me feel so icky all week. I know the kids will put it all out there for whatever games we have left, just hope the execution follows.
    This being ISU's fourth consecutive week on the road won't be easy on them.
    Looking good Billy Ray!

Quote Originally Posted by gumby013 View Post
    This being ISU's fourth consecutive week on the road won't be easy on them.
    I think it's karma considering they didn't leave the state of Illinois until week 11. Now they've had 4 straight weeks of games outside their home state.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Kelley Burke of The Valley Report said something that I was thinking but was too chicken to say: Gums and Robinson look similar but they are very different runners in different systems, and NDSU has an easier time with backs/systems like ISU-Red's.

https://twitter.com/Bison1660/status...90410433859585

I consider her mandatory listening, btw.
    I haven't listened to the sound bite but I don't disagree with that idea. Nichols had heavy lineman at guard and center and they would get shoulder to shoulder when they would run up the middle. Our DTs couldn't penetrate those gaps or or get the shoulders turned on the o-lineman. Gums would kinda get right up behind the big guys then shoot out either left or right once there was daylight.

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I will miss the ISU game this weekend, the first home playoff game that I will miss in this decade-long run. I hope that I can transport the mojo in my game shirt from the Twin Cities to the Dome!

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsBison View Post
    I haven't listened to the sound bite but I don't disagree with that idea. Nichols had heavy lineman at guard and center and they would get shoulder to shoulder when they would run up the middle. Our DTs couldn't penetrate those gaps or or get the shoulders turned on the o-lineman. Gums would kinda get right up behind the big guys then shoot out either left or right once there was daylight.
    I was surprised he ran for only 77 yards.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Here's my hot take, Nicholls State will be a tougher opponent than Illinois State, and possibly, NDSU's SF opponent.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by OatmealWicket92 View Post
    I looked and this decade we are 5-0 in valley playoff rematch games. with only 1 of the games where we didn't increase the point differential.. average victory is 14 points higher for the Bison in the rematch game.. so not worried about this one at all.

Illinois State game notes are up: https://gobison.com/documents/2019/1...s_20191210.pdf

They are big on both fronts.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Here's my hot take, Nicholls State will be a tougher opponent than Illinois State, and possibly, NDSU's SF opponent.
    I heard some purple people say we're going to lose to MSU.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯