Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Quarterfinals: Illinois State

Default Re: 2019 Quarterfinals: Illinois State

After watching ISU-Red game:

Their QB was getting Central Arkansas to jump offsides constantly with a hard count... doubt that'll work in the FargoDome. I've heard louder crowds at in NYC restaurants.
    ISU-Red plays really hard-nosed football. Their secondary is nasty - heck, they should have had a player ejected early in the game, but they looked really good.
    It will be really important to get up on these guys early - otherwise it is going to be like a 12 round heavyweight fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonwinagn View Post
    Nichols is better than both Ills and Central Arkansas. This game will be a comfortable win. Montana st should be the team to worry about.

I don't think the kitty's could beat the bison at home. The one I don't want to play would be the griz. That team can score points against anyone and in a hurry. They would scare me the kittens not so much at home.

Illinois State’s offense is a mess without Robinson. Holy smokes their qb struggles with catching shotgun snaps and handoffs.

They only completed two passes in the first half against SEMO.

Follow Robinson around with Jabril and blitz all day

CAA refs this week.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonLaw View Post
    CAA refs this week.
    In other words, the fix is in for JMU this week.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    One silver lining for the defense this week is Illinois St doesn't have a Daejean Dixon on the outside that routinely will draw safety help nor do they have a QB as good as Fourcade at getting the ball out there in single coverage. So the defense should be able to focus much more on loading the box this week.

I've always said that a one dimensional offense will never beat the Bison (not even Georgia Southern could pull it off) but if there was ever a year where they're vulnerable it's against a run heavy offense this year.
    Don’t you think that after only throwing a total of 18 passes total in the last two games that the Stache is hoping that is exactly what the Bison will do and they will throw at least that many times against NDSU if not more?

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    Don’t you think that after only throwing a total of 18 passes total in the last two games that the Stache is hoping that is exactly what the Bison will do and they will throw at least that many times against NDSU if not more?
    Let em. Hendricks and Tutsie will be waiting.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Derek Tuska approves of this strategy.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

I doubt they would do any better than with Robinson.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by BisonLaw View Post
    CAA refs this week.

I've never (in the last 5 years) said "this is the worst officiated game I've ever seen" because I'll never forget how horrible the crew was in that 2014 2nd round game between NDSU and SDSU. And I'll never forget that was the CAA crew. There were numerous ticky tack inconsistent calls but the worst was the umpire claiming that a Wentz slant to Vraa was tipped therefore the PI flag should be picked up. They ended up reviewing it and seeing that the only SDSU defender even near the pass was at least 4 feet away from tipping the ball so they ended up "reinstating" the penalty after review... they also had all sorts of issues with the game clock throughout the game and especially at the end of the game and totally destroyed the game flow multiple times.

Please oh please let this crew have a better game than that one did.

On a related note I say this every single time the Bison match up with an MVFC team but why can't they send the MVFC All-Star crew when there's an all-MVFC matchup in the playoffs? I'm sure they want a neutral conference crew when teams from different conferences are matching up in the playoffs but when it's team in the same conference it would be easier for the players and coaches who are familiar with the officials and their general style of officiating and easier for the officiating crew that's familiar with the teams' styles of play which would lead to a better played and better flowing game.

Be my guest I'd say. Force them to do that... if they throw the ball 20 times they will not win and they'll probably turn it over a couple times on strip sacks or INTs.