Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Nicholls Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Nicholls Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBison View Post
    Well SDSU is one dimensional - run Robinson. He ran 37 times today for SDSU against UNI for 210 years, 2 TD and 5.7 average. If Code Green cannot stop runs up the gut, its going to be a long day.
    Doesn’t Robinson play for ISU-R? Not SDSU.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

marenlee is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Looking back at highlights I really don't see how Trey's 3rd and 16 run wasn't a first down? He was clearly over the 40 when his knee hit. What angle was the replay booth working off of?

That was a telling play either way. Trey had something today that the rest of the offense just seemed to lack.
    According to the announcers the replay officials had the same views as us. I thought it was obvious that Trey was at least to the 40. No idea what they saw there.

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by DCinOK View Post
    "Targeting" penalties/player-kicked-out will do more to ruin the game of football than the "concussion/CTE scare" will. The Nicholls player did NOTHING wrong and was unfairly ejected and Jabril's play should have been just another football play and move on to the next down. We either decide we're playing American Football or call it something else. Beyond ridiculous.

I agree, NSU got screwed on that call. The guy did grab a facemask and pulled the runner down and should have been flagged for that, but not targeting.
    You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!

I thought Tyler Roehl set up an awesome game plan and made fantastic play calls. Execute a little better and that's 45+ points.

Run defense was woeful because we were making holes for them.

Also, I'd like to see SoCon teams on our side of the bracket... all of them. That way, we can avoid their refs as much as possible.

Young team won a tough game. Middle if D is not as strong as in the past, size problem???

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    I thought Tyler Roehl set up an awesome game plan and made fantastic play calls. Execute a little better and that's 45+ points.

Run defense was woeful because we were making holes for them.

Also, I'd like to see SoCon teams on our side of the bracket... all of them. That way, we can avoid their refs as much as possible.

It's easy to forget the socon even exists with the exodus of the big hitters over the last decade.

Then their refs show up. And we all remember.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Run defense continues to be a problem. It's been below average since the SDSU game. Another run heavy team on the docket next week as well so they'll need to tighten it up if they want to avoid a dogfight.
    Against good o-lines and offenses I don’t think we can tighten up. We would have by now. I think we don’t have any “difference” making talent in our interior line. We are average and were not use to seeing that. We will just have to keep surviving pourous run D against good ground teams

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison56 View Post
    Young team won a tough game. Middle if D is not as strong as in the past, size problem???
    Not sure about the size issue. Most of the guys seem to be at the same size as in the past. I'm sure Karcz being limited makes a difference....as well as at least 2 of the DLs were recruited as TEs and have made the switch. Might have something to do with interior D this year.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

DakotaOkie is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Against good o-lines and offenses I don’t think we can tighten up. We would have by now. I think we don’t have any “difference” making talent in our interior line. We are average and were not use to seeing that. We will just have to keep surviving pourous run D against good ground teams
    And yet this porous D gives up a whopping 12 points per game average ( 13 today) and today offense roughly doubled the offensive yardage of Nicholls given up by the D. Yeah, They suck.
    Was the first half pretty? Not at all. Lots of things to correct or improve but it was the game folks on this board seem to want yet complain when there is not a 1st quarter blowout. ( sorry about the run on sentence)

At this point I would like to congratulate JMU on their national championship. I see things as just that bad. It is not the lack of a blowout for me. It is how many times can we overcome our own mistakes.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix