Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Nicholls Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: Nicholls Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    To be fair, they do also. If both teams make it that far, it will be an interesting title game.
    I'll buy that JMU has weak aspects, but run D is typically not it, although there was 1 lapse today. After Monmouth had a 93 yard first run of the game, they finished the remaining 59 minutes with a net 0 yards rushing for a game total of 93 yards. JMU's weakness is big deep pass plays in my opinion. Oh and definitely special teams....like really bad weakness.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Mediocre run D but still 13-0 because other aspects of the team are very good. I am concerned about a JMU type offense though. We have weak links.
    Won’t matter, we won’t play them.
    Don't believe everything you think.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by JMUVtFan View Post
    I'll buy that JMU has weak aspects, but run D is typically not it, although there was 1 lapse today. After Monmouth had a 93 yard first run of the game, they finished the remaining 59 minutes with a net 0 yards rushing for a game total of 93 yards. JMU's weakness is big deep pass plays in my opinion. Oh and definitely special teams....like really bad weakness.
    Well we shared in the special teams woes. FG kicking weakness today. 2 missed FGs and 1 +1. Punt return was great other than a penalty every time. Kick return was ok.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Mike McFeely is that you? Lol. Yeah sometimes we arent perfect and win. There have been a lot if games in championship runs like that. If you dont see that, I cant help you. We still won by 25 points.
    Not asking for perfection at all. “Sometimes” is an understatement this year. What we have is a pattern that is going to bite us if it is not cleaned up. I cannot be the only one that automatically looks for a flag after every big play.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    To be fair, they do also. If both teams make it that far, it will be an interesting title game.
    Would probably be a barn burner like last time, except with more scoring

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Not asking for perfection at all. “Sometimes” is an understatement this year. What we have is a pattern that is going to bite us if it is not cleaned up. I cannot be the only one that automatically looks for a flag after every big play.
    You’re not.

It's fun that we have a bunch of penalties but still kick arse.

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsBison View Post
    It's fun that we have a bunch of penalties but still kick arse.
    yeah we have to be the only fan base that is upset after a 24 point win... our teams have always been designed to wear people out and destroy them in the 4th qtre.. so while it appeared close due to the kicker and penalties. the easy win was always gonna happen.

As for the run D are we maybe playing like a run Prevent.. we just give them 5-6 on the runs and nothing else and if they can string 15 of those together and spend 7 minutes doing it then so be it.

Another thing about the Bison that always amazes me is early in a game I'll see a big fast WR make a great catch or two and think oh boy we will have our hands full this time..... and then they dont even appear on my tv for the next 3 quarters...

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I assume Jake Reinholz is still hurt? In theory, Will Cardinal is our 3rd string kicker. Reinholz got the 2pt conversion vs Butler to start year and then got hurt and I haven’t heard anything since then.

Hard to blame Cardinal for missing kicks...walk on freshman 3rd kicker to start year. To expect more is asking a lot.