Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Nicholls Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: Nicholls Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Maybe I haven't paid enough attention but does it seem like they haven't ran the play action wheel route out of the backfield nearly as much as they did with Messingham as the OC? Especially out of delta formation... that play was just lethal in 2017 and 2018 and they've got some good pass catchers with Luepke, Williams (converted WR), and Brooks. Wonder if they're saving it for something??? It seemed like in past years even though they'd run it every game and put it on tape teams still couldn't stop it.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Maybe I haven't paid enough attention but does it seem like they haven't ran the play action wheel route out of the backfield nearly as much as they did with Messingham as the OC? Especially out of delta formation... that play was just lethal in 2017 and 2018 and they've got some good pass catchers with Luepke, Williams (converted WR), and Brooks. Wonder if they're saving it for something??? It seemed like in past years even though they'd run it every game and put it on tape teams still couldn't stop it.
    I think there’s a lot of stuff we haven’t put on tape due to a lack of needing tricky plays. That reverse out of delta seemed like that type of play.

I’m sure we’re saving that wheel route for the perfect time/matchup

Also, is Jimmy Football the holder for PAT and FG attempts?
    Don't believe everything you think.

It's been run on 2 occasions that I remember, maybe more. Opponents we're ready for it.

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsBison View Post
    It's been run on 2 occasions that I remember, maybe more. Opponents we're ready for it.
    Probably why I don't remember it then, haha.

I get frustrated with that in the screen game too. It seems like screen plays are routinely sniffed out by the opposing defense. And it's not like the Roehl calls it all that much but when he does it's like the defense was in the huddle... I wonder if it's just poorly disguised by the lineman and or the back who the play is designed for. I remember Cofield ripping off about a 30 yard TD against Delaware but I don't know if they'd had a successful screen play since then. I 'member the glory days of DJ McNorton in 2010 when that was about the only successful pass plays they could consistently complete.

Probably why I don't remember it then, haha.

I get frustrated with that in the screen game too. It seems like screen plays are routinely sniffed out by the opposing defense. And it's not like the Roehl calls it all that much but when he does it's like the defense was in the huddle... I wonder if it's just poorly disguised by the lineman and or the back who the play is designed for. I remember Cofield ripping off about a 30 yard TD against Delaware but I don't know if they'd had a successful screen play since then. I 'member the glory days of DJ McNorton in 2010 when that was about the only successful pass plays they could consistently complete.
    I think Trey scrambled for a touchdown on a wheel route play against Youngstown, so it still worked.

SoCalBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Just watched the highlights and especially noted Hendrick's interception return. After he shed the receiver trying to tackle him, you can see him trying to get to the interior of the scrum that his teammates had formed. Really heads up ball all around, for Hendricks to seek that protection (which was messier than a normal blocking wedge) and for the defense to click into return mode. Good presence of mind and very smart football by everyone on the field.
    Bison gonna Bison, FCS or FBS(tm)

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonHorns View Post
    The Forum video with the four reporters had an extra 6 seconds at the begining accidentally. It had McFeely being a jerk to Eric Peterson and it made everything awkward before Domm said action. It shows they must hate him too.
    https://www.inforum.com/bison-media-...Post-Game-Show
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

Seems a lot more good-natured than it played in my head. Smirks on all the guys’ faces... they were having fun...
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

the PUNT from the 36 on the 1st drive was HORRIBLE coaching decision. It set a tone for the 1st half and gave Nicholls hope.
    Lets not do that again, the coaches havent' even addressed it.

we gained 18 whole freakin yards, don't we trust our defense??
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?