Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Nicholls Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: Nicholls Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    I recall HCME stating in the weekly presser on Monday/Tuesday that there was only one player who was late getting back to campus after the holiday. Coincidence?
    Thought that was due to weather.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Thought that was due to weather.
    Only one was late. Weather was in play for all of them except those who stayed in town.

Back in the day when I was the age of these players I was driving my 1968 VW Beetle (manifold heat only) back from Bozeman to Fargo in January. I hit the preceding day blizzard compacted snow at Miles City and the actual blizzard itself at Mandan. Since I was out of money I snugged right up to the back of an eighteen wheeler and ping ponged my way between his wheel ruts on to Fargo at 35 mph. Got there in the wee hours and buried my little bug on the frontage road by the Kahler Motel by KXJB. Walked home from there. I did not have even a National Championship Knitting Contest on the line. But I made it home when I said I was going to be there.
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Just an observation from the game. Me seats are near the visitors section and right next to where the visiting teams runs out along with Refs. When our intro started there was one member of the referring crew with his phone tapping our intro. While I get most visiting team fans do this I was surprised to an official be doing it.
    comes with the pud territory of FCS using pud officials from pud conferences. they dont see that when reffings Mississippi Valley St vs pud U

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    comes with the pud territory of FCS using pud officials from pud conferences. they dont see that when reffings Mississippi Valley St vs pud U
    My guess is that he was taking a picture of the kid in your avatar. That's not pud, it's legendary.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Yeah, I mean if it's cool I can see why the dude decided to tape it. Maybe wanted to show his friends or kids or something what he was doing this weekend.

If I was reffing at Virginia Tech or something you can bet I'm wearing a GoPro on my head like a dumbass once that place gets bumping lmao
    College of Business Alumnus

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    My guess is that he was taking a picture of the kid in your avatar. That's not pud, it's legendary.
    I’m pretty sure that kid isn’t fatigued and was at the game yesterday. It happened so fast I didn’t get a pic!

Lardsin must go!

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The 4 guys on DL were way out of sync and played poorly as a unit. How many times did the LDE race up the field leaving a huge running lane . . . Lots. Too much looking for sacks on 1st and 10 when the opponent ran the ball. Correctable stuff.

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    I don't think it was targeting. He made it suspect by lowering his head. Players need to stop doing that. It's as much a risk for the hitter as the hitter. But there was no element of targeting (i.e. crouch, launch) and he wasn't attempting to punish the opponent. He did lower his helmet though and there was contact with the crown. He avoids the opportunity for the replay official to mage that mistake if he keeps his head up.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    I thought the Cox targeting call was going to be upheld. Was there helmet to helmet contact? Yes

Nicolls needs to tighten their chin straps. I’ve never seen so many helmets come off.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Nicolls needs to tighten their chin straps. I’ve never seen so many helmets come off.
    They probably used all their tightening straps to secure the visitor's locker rooms.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013