Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Nicholls Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Nicholls Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

A lot to unpack here.

1) Trey Lance is good at football. Deserves the Payton as much as Easton did last year. He carried this team today when everyone else felt flat he had a little something extra his step. Even with the first quarter misses.
    2) We won't make it to Frisco if we continue to play with no discipline. How many TD's came off the field today? I hold my breath every time there's a modest gain. I almost expect to see a flag at this point.
    3) I don't know what Crosa did but I hope it resonates that he hurt his brothers today.
    4) NS played well but we made them look better than they are. Their conference is trash and we should have beaten them by considerably more than we did. Hopefully this is the down game we needed to get the yearly wake up call.
    5) And yes, I realize how spoiled we are that a playoff win by double digits is a wake up call.
    6) That reverse for a TD was a great call. I was singing TR's praises until the second half. What was with all the slow developing runs between the tackles? The outside was open and we only got there when someone bounced it outside. Jet sweeps would have put this one away far earlier.
    7) And speaking of between the tackles: how did we not know they were going to run the exact same play every first down for 7 yards? Even the dipshit announcers picked up on it. It was that obvious.
    8) Game balls to Tutsie and Mr. Hendricks. They stepped up when we needed it. Thank God they didn't mess up that targeting call on Cox (like they did on the Nicholls player) because we'll need him next week against ISUr.
    9) The streak continues. Unreal.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Default Re: Nicholls Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

As an addendum the penalties bother me the most. This is one of the greatest bison teams ever, with a special season from a Freshman QB and these issues persist week after week.

That's all on Entz.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Entz will be asked about penalties again at his presser, and if he responds with another “I’m never going to be mad at my kids for playing hard”, someone needs to challenge him. You can play hard without committing stupid penalties.

Penalties have been an issue all year and Entz seems to just gloss over them. It’s a young team that hasn’t learned to play to the edge and not go over it. Entz always says he wants to put it on tape, well, your team has put a lot of penalties on tape. I don’t know how we didn’t get a late hit out of bounds early in the game.

Oh, and Crosa better figure his shit out.
    Rule #76: No excuses, play like a champion!

MinotBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Strategery View Post
    Entz will be asked about penalties again at his presser, and if he responds with another “I’m never going to be mad at my kids for playing hard”, someone needs to challenge him. You can play hard without committing stupid penalties.
    EXACTLY.

One thing I did like in this game was the maturity late. Young team could easily have started to panic when things weren't going their way but the stayed calmed and kept fighting.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Maybe someone like Dom or Jeff, shit even McFooly could tell Entz that the bison had x amount of penalties for a million yards and some even took points off the board. Maybe that will sink in then.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Clean this mess up or there isn't going to be much green and gold in Frisco!

Entz likes to talk about “not coaching the aggressiveness out of the kids” but being aggressive and being disciplined are two very different things. You can be both. You don’t have to choose to accept terrible penalties game after game in order to maintain aggressive play. This should be obvious when looking at teams from the pat several years. My biggest fear is that we lose a game because we shoot our selves in the foot with unnecessary penalties. That would be so horrible and the players deserve better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You Gotsta Love Those BISON!

Run defense continues to be a problem. It's been below average since the SDSU game. Another run heavy team on the docket next week as well so they'll need to tighten it up if they want to avoid a dogfight.