Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Nicholls Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

MontBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Nicholls Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Coach, your penalty yds are up 12 yards per game compared to the prior year. Would you say that’s attributle to over enthusiasm from the current players or are there other factors we should be aware of?

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    Doesn’t Robinson play for ISU-R? Not SDSU.
    Oppps, yes, I meant ISU-R
    You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!

DakotaOkie is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    At this point I would like to congratulate JMU on their national championship. I see things as just that bad. It is not the lack of a blowout for me. It is how many times can we overcome our own mistakes.
    I agree completely with the mistakes comment. There were a lot of points and yards left out there today for stupid stuff. Not ready to hand out trophies just yet.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by DakotaOkie View Post
    And yet this porous D gives up a whopping 12 points per game average ( 13 today) and today offense roughly doubled the offensive yardage of Nicholls given up by the D. Yeah, They suck.
    Was the first half pretty? Not at all. Lots of things to correct or improve but it was the game folks on this board seem to want yet complain when there is not a 1st quarter blowout. ( sorry about the run on sentence)
    Lol, I never said the defense suck. The run defense does sort of suck. Worst interior defense of this dynasty run

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    At this point I would like to congratulate JMU on their national championship. I see things as just that bad. It is not the lack of a blowout for me. It is how many times can we overcome our own mistakes.
    Mike McFeely is that you? Lol. Yeah sometimes we arent perfect and win. There have been a lot if games in championship runs like that. If you dont see that, I cant help you. We still won by 25 points.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

DakotaOkie is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Lol, I never said the defense suck. The run defense does sort of suck. Worst interior defense of this dynasty run
    Might be the worst but being the worst of the best isn’t bad. Kinda like Ringo was the least talented Beatle (he was!). It was a tough group with which to be compared.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by DakotaOkie View Post
    Might be the worst but being the worst of the best isn’t bad. Kinda like Ringo was the least talented Beatle (he was!). It was a tough group with which to be compared.
    Mediocre run D but still 13-0 because other aspects of the team are very good. I am concerned about a JMU type offense though. We have weak links.

BattleBorn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

So what did Crosa do? I missed it.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Mediocre run D but still 13-0 because other aspects of the team are very good. I am concerned about a JMU type offense though. We have weak links.
    To be fair, they do also. If both teams make it that far, it will be an interesting title game.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

The penalties are really bad this year. I had hoped they would decrease as the guys got more games under them but apparently not. Hope they don't cost this team a championship.

The kicking was atrocious. You'd think a backup kicker could hit an extra point at least. Crosa better get his shit together.

Very impressed with Nicholls lines. They were big, physical and very athletic. Quite different from the SHSU teams that we've played. With that I'll add a little disappointment with our oline and interior dline guys but they played much better in the second half.

Would have liked to see Roehl call more outside run plays. I think they would have been more effective then banging into a wall inside most of the time. Also let Trey sling it more, think there were more passes to be had downfield.