Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Nicholls Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Nicholls Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUBowler View Post
    Hard to blame Cardinal for missing kicks...walk on freshman 3rd kicker to start year. To expect more is asking a lot.
    He's no Ruggles.
    Insert something clever here...

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I know this is a young team and inexperienced coaching staff. But that was flat out ugly. When it comes to discipline, they seem to have regressed each year since Bohl left.

I think this is still the most talented team in FCS. But they need to clean things up, there are better teams ahead that will be better able to take advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by fmfantasy View Post
    yeah we have to be the only fan base that is upset after a 24 point win... our teams have always been designed to wear people out and destroy them in the 4th qtre.. so while it appeared close due to the kicker and penalties. the easy win was always gonna happen.

As for the run D are we maybe playing like a run Prevent.. we just give them 5-6 on the runs and nothing else and if they can string 15 of those together and spend 7 minutes doing it then so be it.
    Phil’s diagnosis on the radio was that some were getting penetration and some weren’t which was leaving cutback lanes and that we’d be better of just holding the line of scrimmage and playing more of a run prevent, though that wasn’t the phrase he used.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Efin penalties eh. Trey can block! He'll be all right. Jimmy football! On the Trey 3rd down run that was reviewed and ruled not a first down Karson Schoeing made a hell of a block. Is it just me or has the postgame radio stuff kind of went to heck this year? Plenty of advertising not much postgame interviews. They used to have both coaches and players interviews I thought. Maybe im crazy. Maybe it's maybelline.

Go Bison!

Scottie wants Friday night lights.

Lardsin must go!

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Efin penalties eh. Trey can block! He'll be all right. Jimmy football! On the Trey 3rd down run that was reviewed and ruled not a first down Karson Schoeing made a hell of a block. Is it just me or has the postgame radio stuff kind of went to heck this year? Plenty of advertising not much postgame interviews. They used to have both coaches and players interviews I thought. Maybe im crazy. Maybe it's maybelline.

Go Bison!

Definitely maybelline!!!
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post

Go Bison!

Yes and please for the love of all that is holy get Chris Hanson(spelling?) off sports radio. He's just a huge Bison rube that watches a lot of sports. Not a sports commentator in any way. Woof.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

My guess: JMU is going to give the Bison fits if they meet in the Natty, and it will be a tough game, a hard fought game.

JMU has become a scoring machine the last month, and they are doing it with a power run game, which eventually tires out the opponent and leads to domination by the fourth quarter.
    That said, NDSU's running game averages 300 ypg, while JMU averages 250 ypg - so NDSU's power running game might do the same to them. On passing they are pretty close, JMU having a slight edge. I would not be surprised if JMUs stats the second half of the season are better than the first half. Let's see how they fare against UNI - an MVFC defense.

Defensively - NDSU edges JMU (12 points/game versus about 16).

Overall, both offensively and defensively, they have similar stats, and perhaps similar styles of play. This game might boil down to conditioning (who still has stamina in the 4th quarter), a good or bad break here or there, turnovers, penalties, and special teams.

When we hit the tough competition these penalties, undisciplined play, kicking game and Entz not holding the team accountable for penalties is going to hurt us. This is not how the teams played under either Bohl or Coach K.

Sacramento St on the ropes against Austin Peay right now which means that if the Bison make the semis they're likely facing another run heavy team in Montana St. Really need to get that run defense fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUBowler View Post
    I assume Jake Reinholz is still hurt? In theory, Will Cardinal is our 3rd string kicker. Reinholz got the 2pt conversion vs Butler to start year and then got hurt and I haven’t heard anything since then.

Hard to blame Cardinal for missing kicks...walk on freshman 3rd kicker to start year. To expect more is asking a lot.
    To expect a kicker to make an extra point is asking a lot?