Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Nicholls Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: Nicholls Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUBowler View Post
    I assume Jake Reinholz is still hurt? In theory, Will Cardinal is our 3rd string kicker. Reinholz got the 2pt conversion vs Butler to start year and then got hurt and I haven’t heard anything since then.

Hard to blame Cardinal for missing kicks...walk on freshman 3rd kicker to start year. To expect more is asking a lot.
    Still hurt but almost back. Entz says day to day at this point. I got the feeling he would have dressed today if not for the roster limits in the playoffs. I'd be shocked if he isn't dressed next week. He's already used his redshirt year, so there's no reason for him not to dress/play if he's healthy.

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

No Kobe today, we need him.

Read some outside perspectives on the 2 targeting calls from our game today. Some are calling the Cox hit “obvious” targeting, and saying the Nicholls kid got screwed. They didn’t show replays in the dome, anyone get a look?
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

I had confidence. Nicholls brought the whites.
    Our tent...
    817AAA12-0EA7-4B99-8A2A-40660E9F5CE6.jpg
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Read some outside perspectives on the 2 targeting calls from our game today. Some are calling the Cox hit “obvious” targeting, and saying the Nicholls kid got screwed. They didn’t show replays in the dome, anyone get a look?
    Seems to be universal(even from Indy) that the Nicholls kid got screwed. The Cox hit was much closer to being targeting, but there was one angle that showed he was putting his shoulder into the hit and not leading with the helmet. There was some helmet-to-helmet contact, but it was glancing. One of those cases where different camera angles showed very different things.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    Seems to be universal(even from Indy) that the Nicholls kid got screwed. The Cox hit was much closer to being targeting, but there was one angle that showed he was putting his shoulder into the hit and not leading with the helmet. There was some helmet-to-helmet contact, but it was glancing. One of those cases where different camera angles showed very different things.
    Thanks. The Cox hit looked very vanilla in real time. I didn’t even see the Nicholls hit.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    He's no Ruggles.
    You're swimming with the sharks now kid.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I guess when it’s all said and done the bison out scored their opponent by 24 points all while not playing well at all against a playoff team.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Gotta clean up the run defense. Especially D Tackle. Teams are running against us pretty regularly now. I don't think its scheme either.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dstahn View Post
    One thing I did like in this game was the maturity late. Young team could easily have started to panic when things weren't going their way but the stayed calmed and kept fighting.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Noticed Nicholls talking a lot of smack. We usually didnt respond.