Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who Would Be Your Pick?

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Who Would Be Your Pick?

It’s quite early in the season but the results aren’t exactly showing up with the talent on the roster and knowing that DR got a contract extension but who be your choice as the new head coach of the NDSU MBB team? Also keep in mind that maybe more money salary wise should be offered to have a better list of names to pick from that may have interest. Who are the great assistants out there that would possibly have a system to run? I don’t know much about it and am genuinely interested in your guys thoughts that follow college hoops more than me.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Who Would Be Your Pick?

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    It’s quite early in the season but the results aren’t exactly showing up with the talent on the roster and knowing that DR got a contract extension but who be your choice as the new head coach of the NDSU MBB team? Also keep in mind that maybe more money salary wise should be offered to have a better list of names to pick from that may have interest. Who are the great assistants out there that would possibly have a system to run? I don’t know much about it and am genuinely interested in your guys thoughts that follow college hoops more than me.
    Timothy Miles.
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

Someone with strong recruiting ties and a good D1 recruiting history in the upper Midwest. Two obvious choices would be Tim Miles and Saul Phillips but I'd be fine with any hire that could fit those recruiting criteria.

Although unless this season turns into a complete dumpster fire (as in finishing near the bottom of the Summit League in the regular season) Richman will likely have next year as well to prove he's turned the corner whether we like or not. Who knows whether Miles or Phillips will have already been snatched up by March/April 2021.

bisonfan08 is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    Timothy Miles.
    In a heartbeat.

I keep seeing both their names at the top of everyone's list, but what are the chances that either Saul or Tim would actually come back?

Tim feels like MN fans wanting Flip or Dungy. I just can't see it happening

Saul getting back into a D1 job has to be the more realistic of the two by far, but even though we'd love to have him back, would coming back to the only place he's had success in D1 be the best move for his career? If he came back and had success again, would that earn him a 2nd shot somewhere else or label him a one trick pony (Either because of us or the conference) where he'd be "stuck" here?
    Last edited by BisonAccountant44; 12-06-2019 at 08:38 PM.
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    Timothy Miles.
    He was who came to mind for me too.

What type of salary increase would it take to get Miles and whoever he chooses for assistants to coach here again? If he wants it, I would think Miles will get another shot at another high-mid major whether he returns here or not. If we can afford a competitive salary, maybe that coupled with the stability at NDSU convinces him to stay long term.

I imagine it would be a sizable jump from what we're currently paying Richman, but I'd be fine with that.

Rick Pitino
    “Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't” - Jerry Rice

A little off topic, but has Ben Woodside ever given much thought to a coaching career? Obviously he’d have some climbing to do, but …

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    A little off topic, but has Ben Woodside ever given much thought to a coaching career? Obviously he’d have some climbing to do, but …
    I like the way you think.

Bisonfan08

10char