Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Indiana State GDT 430pm ESPN+

Default Re: Indiana State GDT 430pm ESPN+

The main thing that annoys me about the apologists is that when things are bad they vanish and then when something good happens they are here front and center with their how dare you say anything negative bullshit.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    Or win a play-in game (against some shit stain school) and claim it as another tournament win.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    Ah yes I forgot about that little notch on Dave's belt.

Didn't they win the summit last year?

Not that I plan on going to a game ever again.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by Bison bison View Post
    Didn't they win the summit last year?

Not that I plan on going to a game ever again.
    We did, but right now I am not even sure this team is able to make the conference tourney.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Yet another abysmal start to a game, a hot shooting streak to get us back in it only to go back to the dumpster fire way of play to finish the game. The crazy part is I truly believe we have the talent to be undefeated right now, there's not a game on our schedule that I've watched where at points we didn't look like the better team. The problem is coaching, our offensive scheme doesn't seem to have a purpose other than to hope to get an open 3 and if not settle for a contested one. Get the ball to the interior of the defense and work inside out if needed, we need aggression towards the basket, we need to look like we are trying to score. In addition to the shitty offense we also have shitty rotations and player usage. Tyson Ward is a weapon we don't utilize nearly enough, Cam Hunter might be the best all around player on this team and he doesn't see the floor enough. When we are 0-11 from the field, how about getting Witz or Bigs in there an dumping it in the post and trying to get a few easier looks down low. Maleeck gives 110% every second he's on the floor, I don't care if he's young and makes mistakes he's a rebounding machine and brings energy. Instead we play Samuelson 30 minutes a game even when he's 1-7, thankfully we didn't have to suffer through Quayle on the floor this last game but I'm sure he'll still get his minutes. Dave coaches this team like an elementary team where the players who have been there the longest should get to play the most instead of like a D1 team where you put your best players on the floor to win games. I like Dave as a person, I've defended him before but I've had enough, I could do a better job coaching this team myself and that's not remotely even a question. My daughter's 6th grade team I coach runs a better offense that NDSU does, that's just sad.

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    Yet another abysmal start to a game, a hot shooting streak to get us back in it only to go back to the dumpster fire way of play to finish the game. The crazy part is I truly believe we have the talent to be undefeated right now, there's not a game on our schedule that I've watched where at points we didn't look like the better team. The problem is coaching, our offensive scheme doesn't seem to have a purpose other than to hope to get an open 3 and if not settle for a contested one. Get the ball to the interior of the defense and work inside out if needed, we need aggression towards the basket, we need to look like we are trying to score. In addition to the shitty offense we also have shitty rotations and player usage. Tyson Ward is a weapon we don't utilize nearly enough, Cam Hunter might be the best all around player on this team and he doesn't see the floor enough. When we are 0-11 from the field, how about getting Witz or Bigs in there an dumping it in the post and trying to get a few easier looks down low. Maleeck gives 110% every second he's on the floor, I don't care if he's young and makes mistakes he's a rebounding machine and brings energy. Instead we play Samuelson 30 minutes a game even when he's 1-7, thankfully we didn't have to suffer through Quayle on the floor this last game but I'm sure he'll still get his minutes. Dave coaches this team like an elementary team where the players who have been there the longest should get to play the most instead of like a D1 team where you put your best players on the floor to win games. I like Dave as a person, I've defended him before but I've had enough, I could do a better job coaching this team myself and that's not remotely even a question. My daughter's 6th grade team I coach runs a better offense that NDSU does, that's just sad.
    Don't understand the love for Samuelson. He is a good shooter but gives you nothing else. When we play a more athletic team he totally disappears. Plus hes a major liability on defense. He should play 8-12 minutes a game when the match ups make sense.

Totally agree with everything above. Worst thing to happen was us making the tourney last year when we had no right making it. We got hot at the right time. Doesn't cover up the lack of talent/coaching with this team.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    I’ll say it again: our comeback in this game came from penetration and making some inside shots and then mixing in some bounce outs from penetration. Once we got close/ahead ... well .... right back to tossing up 3s with little time on the shot clock.

That said, listening to Jory Collins pregame interview tonight was refreshing. He actually talks basketball and is easy to follow. Crazy how he’s available while Richman is apparently playing a non-winnable game of tic tac toe pregame, during the game and at either end of the half, and then has his team run a similar offense to the tic tac toe game he plays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    I’ll say it again: our comeback in this game came from penetration and making some inside shots and then mixing in some bounce outs from penetration. Once we got close/ahead ... well .... right back to tossing up 3s with little time on the shot clock.

That said, listening to Jory Collins pregame interview tonight was refreshing. He actually talks basketball and is easy to follow. Crazy how he’s available while Richman is apparently playing a non-winnable game of tic tac toe pregame, during the game and at either end of the half, and then has his team run a similar offense to the tic tac toe game he plays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He does not cut punches either. Says it like it is. I think we hit a home run with his hire. Hope he can get the most out of the team this year and get some more talent moving forward for the program.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.