Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Indiana State GDT 430pm ESPN+

Default Re: Indiana State GDT 430pm ESPN+

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    down 12 at halftime after that 1st half feels like beating DUKE. wow what an achievement
    Are you ok? You're making coherent, reasonable posts based in reality and some fact today.*

*Full disclosure:. My statement refers to this thread only.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by gabisonfan View Post
    I wonder if they can do anything else? Seems like unless 3 point shots go in there won't be an offense.
    Yep, this is the personnel this team has. There's no back-to-the-basket post presence and very few of them can create off the dribble and finish in the paint. If they're not making their open 3s the offense will be woefully inept as it has been in the 1st half and the majority of the season so far.

Down 4. Wtf
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

14-2 seconds half start game tied
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Yep, this is the personnel this team has. There's no back-to-the-basket post presence and very few of them can create off the dribble and finish in the paint. If they're not making their open 3s the offense will be woefully inept as it has been in the 1st half and the majority of the season so far.
    Vinny can score off the dribble, but it's a struggle to finish with his height. Ward can post up but isn't your typical back to the basket player but can create matchup problems. If this team can't hit from the perimeter I agree it will be rough.

haha I'm gonna drink doubles. this is wild.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    From what I heard on 1660, the minor “comeback” came after 2-3 penetration buckets. We then hit 2-3 three pointers. Odd how that works./purple.

Gotta have some of both for a good, consistent offense IMO, but what do I know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm certainly not a great BB mind but to me all we seem to do is dribble or pass it around and eventually take a jump shot or on rare occasions someone will finally drive to the basket and either miss a layup or pass to another jump shooter who misses. There never seem to be pick and rolls, motion plays for a purpose, triangle or post plays, box or set plays. Even a simple screen seems hard to execute for these guys.

Weird what happens when the ball moves and you attack inside out.

Completely different energy so far in the 2nd half.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

haven't been watching but seems like outside shooting is what brought them back? Have they changed how they'be gotten open looks?