Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New college football playoff rule??

Default Re: New college football playoff rule??

Quote Originally Posted by DePereBisonFan View Post
    Georgia's loss is to a 4-8 team.
    Baylor's loss is to an 11-1 team.
    Oklahoma's loss is to an 8-4 team.
    Utah's loss is to an 8-4 team.

But SEC SEC SEC. The bias is frustrating. It's sort of the equivalent of people saying the CAA is still the best FCS conference. Remember how Clemson destroyed Alabama last year? The game wasn't close - Roll Tide didn't even score in the last 44 minutes of the game.
    1) The SEC probably remains the best conference. 2) It's really about the teams though, Clemson was the best team last year but no one would argue for the ACC as the best conference.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by DePereBisonFan View Post
    Respectfully disagree. If a team isn't good enough to make it's own conference's championship game, then it shouldn't be considered for the NCAA championship.
    So if the hands down two best teams in the country are in the same division in the big ten or sec the team doesn't make it?

Bogus.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by Bison bison View Post
    So if the hands down two best teams in the country are in the same division in the big ten or sec the team doesn't make it?

Bogus.
    Why? They played each other already.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by Bison bison View Post

Bogus.
    Part of me agrees with you Bison bison. But then in essence it might be beneficial to lose that game against your rival so you don't have to go through another war in a Conference Championship game and risk injury to some of your players. Just up the field to 8. I want more playoff football!

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    When you put 2 SEC teams in the final 4 every fricken year, they should have a team in the final often.

A 4 team playoff that starts with an assumption that some conference champions are unworthy is a bogus system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Two SEC teams have made it exactly.....1 time, and both of them made the championship game lmao
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Two SEC teams have made it exactly.....1 time, and both of them made the championship game lmao
    And the team that didn’t play in the Conference Championship Game won. They got rewarded for losing. It was the second time they got this benefit and might have made three this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!