Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
Just finished watching Nicholls State's last five games. They are definitely not a terrible team by any means and look the part of group that belongs in the playoffs. Their strength is that they have a handful of really good players, but a weakness of theirs is that they don't have depth in case any of those players can't play.

The players that impressed me the most:

1) Sully Laiche (#55 DL) - looks like a guy that would fit extremely well in the MVFC. NDSU's right side (Schoening, Johnson and Volson) will need to be ready on Saturday for this guy. Apparently, he missed a few games this season due to a back injury, but looked pretty good in games I watched.

2) Julien Gums (#28 RB) - he's a sheiss brickhouse. Although he's not the size of Javon Williams, Gums is similar in regards to bringing down after first contact. Nicholls seemed to have a RB by committee until injuries forced Gums to be the bell cow back before the Incarnate Word game.

3) Chase Fourcade (#9 QB) - he reminds me a lot of Easton Stick, but a bit smaller and slower. He plays with a pretty good football IQ (I believe he's pretty close to the Manning family based on commentary from one of the games I watched), can sling it anywhere and loves to run (second on the team with 809 yards). There will need a spy on him all day, and maybe, a S/DB blitz once in awhile wouldn't hurt to get him off his game. LBs, DBs and Safeties also need to pay attention to the middle of the field. Chase is a lot like Brady in that he throws a ton of five to ten yard passes over the middle.

4) Dai'Jean Dixon (#5 WR) - probably the most athletically gifted guy on their team. Only weakness I saw from Dixon is that he gets sloppy at times, but his strengths are very good and is Fourcade's first option in the passing game.

5) Dion Ray (#21 WR) - Not near as talented as Dixon, but makes a heck of an effort anytime the ball comes his way.

Honorable Mention: Carley McCord (sideline reporter) - I'm not much of fan of watching other teams that I don't care for, but the games she covered, she made the time spent worth it.

Although NDSU is favored by 28 points, I feel the amount of Seniors on the Nicholls team will make the score a bit closer - around 20 points. The closest team I feel Nicholls resembles the most that NDSU has played this season, is USD on a good day.
Dang, Rest in Peace Carley. Just found out she's the daughter-in-law who of LSU's OC, Steve Ensminger, who perished in a plane crash this morning on her way to the Peach Bowl.