Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Nicholls State is coming to town

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Nicholls State is coming to town

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    I looked it up and got a headache. Nicholls has their own Sammy on that page, and his belief in SLC compared to the MVFC was pretty insane. Then stating the scores of NDSU's games against Missouri State and Southern Illinois as some kind of proof NDSU isn't that good is fully insane. Yes the offense only averaged 21.5 points in those two games, but they only gave up seven total points between the two. That statistic should have stopped him from talking (writing). It's kind of hard to beat teams that don't give up points.
    The guys whole argument was very odd. I guess I may have to re-evaluate my opinion of the SLC compared to the MVFC. Or he is very mistaken on how the SLC is viewed in the national scene. You would almost sweat this guy was a fan of a Top 10 FBS team and we stand no chance.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

I looked it up and got a headache. Nicholls has their own Sammy on that page, and his belief in SLC compared to the MVFC was pretty insane. Then stating the scores of NDSU's games against Missouri State and Southern Illinois as some kind of proof NDSU isn't that good is fully insane. Yes the offense only averaged 21.5 points in those two games, but they only gave up seven total points between the two. That statistic should have stopped him from talking (writing). It's kind of hard to beat teams that don't give up points.
    If that’s the case, shouldn’t he be posting here?
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

BisonHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by gumby013 View Post
    Somewhere between pages 6 or 9 they say, "UND sucks at all sports but has managed to stay relevant in hockey although no one has actually seen it on tv."
    you mess with the ^Bison^ you get the horns

Some of the best remarks:

• Football games are played on the field not the stat book. From what I’ve seen, NDSU doesn’t play the level of competition that exists in the SLC.
    • Nowhere did I state the SLC has talent NDSU hasn’t seen. It’s the LEVEL of competition, week in and week out. This is the distinction. There are 2 other SLC teams in the playoffs and NSU beat them both.
    • The SLC is a Louisiana and Texas league. Louisiana has, Per capita, produced more NFL players than any other state. NDSU is good but not the unbeatable. NSU will give NDSU all they can handle.
    • Kansas State is the only team to score 38+ on the Colonels this year. NDSU is not Kansas state. 28-24 Colonels.
    • NDSU doesn’t make it through the Southland unbeaten this year.
    • NDSU hasn’t played anyone with the talent NSU has on offense either. Don’t be surprised if that win streak ends on Saturday
    • Gotta love the arrogance of NDSU fans thinking this game won’t be close. NSU has the better QB, RB and WR. Hopefully the NDSU players and coaches think like you so they can watch the Colonels end their streak.
    • The NDSU offense doesn’t appear to be much better than SLU, Prairie View or Houston Baptist. Personally I welcome this kind of arrogance. That’s how teams get beat. NDSU is not LSU or Ohio State or Alabama. The Colonels are not outclassed in any way in this game.
    • SLU offense is #4, Prairie View #6 and HBU #12. There isn’t some huge difference when compared to NDSU. NSU beat all 3.
    • They have no clue what is coming. Our guys have the hearts of loins and they will fight to the last play!!

Reading these for a second time fills my heart with joy! God bless you!!! I’m always ready for a good laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleBuck View Post
    Some of the best remarks:

• Football games are played on the field not the stat book. From what I’ve seen, NDSU doesn’t play the level of competition that exists in the SLC.
    • Nowhere did I state the SLC has talent NDSU hasn’t seen. It’s the LEVEL of competition, week in and week out. This is the distinction. There are 2 other SLC teams in the playoffs and NSU beat them both.
    • The SLC is a Louisiana and Texas league. Louisiana has, Per capita, produced more NFL players than any other state. NDSU is good but not the unbeatable. NSU will give NDSU all they can handle.
    • Kansas State is the only team to score 38+ on the Colonels this year. NDSU is not Kansas state. 28-24 Colonels.
    • NDSU hasn’t played anyone with the talent NSU has on offense either. Don’t be surprised if that win streak ends on Saturday
    • Gotta love the arrogance of NDSU fans thinking this game won’t be close. NSU has the better QB, RB and WR. Hopefully the NDSU players and coaches think like you so they can watch the Colonels end their streak.
    • The NDSU offense doesn’t appear to be much better than SLU, Prairie View or Houston Baptist. Personally I welcome this kind of arrogance. That’s how teams get beat. NDSU is not LSU or Ohio State or Alabama. The Colonels are not outclassed in any way in this game.
    • SLU offense is #4, Prairie View #6 and HBU #12. There isn’t some huge difference when compared to NDSU. NSU beat all 3.
    • They have no clue what is coming. Our guys have the hearts of loins and they will fight to the last play!!
    That's quite the troll job he's doing over there.

[QUOTE=UncleBuck;1389952]Some of the best remarks:

[/QUOTE

Yet they lost to Sam Houston

But it’s THE Sam Houston State

I admire his enthusiasm.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I think the biggest frustration that will come out of this game is the number of 50/50 balls they catch. It's going to feel like EWU all over again. We have never been great at the 50/50 ball on defense and add to that a scrambling QB, there will be plenty of WTF moments. That said, sticking with my prediction Bison by 28. (As long as Roehl doesn't have his head somewhere up his butt looking at SDSU game plans)
    I think we focus on him running and make them have to throw it