Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Nicholls State is coming to town

Default Re: Nicholls State is coming to town

Quote Originally Posted by bri-dog View Post
    So weird is good? Okay then, here is my favorite version of that song. Listened to this about a thousand times as a kid. Still have the vinyl album at my house...

Ha! They don't make them like that anymore....literally.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bri-dog View Post
    So weird is good? Okay then, here is my favorite version of that song. Listened to this about a thousand times as a kid. Still have the vinyl album at my house...

Pickled herring. My uncle sang this song every Christmas, yes weird.

Sully lands it safely in the Southland.

https://www.southland.org/news/2019/...all-teams.aspx

Sully Laiche is the conference’s Player of the Year, the league announced Tuesday.
    The first defensive player to earn the league’s top annual honor since 2007 (Bryan Smith, McNeese), Laiche led all FCS players with 2.1 tackles for loss per game and ranked fifth nationally in sacks per game (1.1). He led the Southland with 9.0 sacks in conference play and recorded at least one TFL in each of his nine starts.

Named a finalist for the Buck Buchanan Award, given to the FCS’ top defensive player, Laiche totaled 19.5 tackles for loss and 10 sacks in the regular season to bring his career totals to 59 TFL and 35.5 sacks. His sack total is the fourth-highest in Southland Conference history.
    Sully Laiche - Nicholls State DT - 6’ 2” 270 SR

Matt Entz press conference quote:
    NDSU on 247
    @BisonReport
    ·
    5h
    "On defense, Laiche is an all-league player, MVP player, spends more time in the backfield than he does at the LOS. Active sack leader in the FCS right now." ME

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Lots of unclaimed tickets available. I just got two tickets at the 50 yard line in the single letter rows. I have no complaints.

[QUOTE=HerdistheWord;1389684]Lots of unclaimed tickets available. I just got two tickets at the 50 yard line in the single letter rows. I have no fatigue.

FIFY ten char
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Sully lands it safely in the Southland.

https://www.southland.org/news/2019/...all-teams.aspx

Sully Laiche - Nicholls State DT - 6’ 2” 270 SR

Matt Entz press conference quote:
    Well, some Bison player on the O line is going to be busy on Saturday.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'll honestly be surprised if the final score is within 35.

I think that I've watched the whole Nicholls v UND playoff game. It was a waste of time. UND is so unlike NDSU, it's impossible to tell from that game how NDSU might match up with Nicholls.

I did think the OL for Nicholls looked the part... not a bunch of butterballs like Jacksonville State. The RB (Gums!), of course, was good. And Dai Jean (6-4 WR) made some phenomenal catches. Might be a good match up, but it's really impossible to tell given who their opponent was. They've got themselves a good coach and that can make a huge difference.

Not sure what UND fans thought, but their QB played very well (still not sure what he got the unsportsmanlike conduct for) - UND's offense was slants and passes into the flat - that was pretty much it - and the QB had to throw almost perfect passes to complete the slants. Outside of their QB and their somewhat inconsistent WRs, UND is poop - not sure how they think that they're going to transform that collection of "talent" into a run-stopping/rush-heavy behemoth in the MVFC... maybe with the same power of wishful thinking that they used to guide their DI move as a whole?

Several thousand tickets available on GoBison.com/tickets this morning if anyone is looking for them or knows someone who is looking for them.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    I think that I've watched the whole Nicholls v UND playoff game. It was a waste of time. UND is so unlike NDSU, it's impossible to tell from that game how NDSU might match up with Nicholls.

I did think the OL for Nicholls looked the part... not a bunch of butterballs like Jacksonville State. The RB (Gums!), of course, was good. And Dai Jean (6-4 WR) made some phenomenal catches. Might be a good match up, but it's really impossible to tell given who their opponent was. They've got themselves a good coach and that can make a huge difference.

Not sure what UND fans thought, but their QB played very well (still not sure what he got the unsportsmanlike conduct for) - UND's offense was slants and passes into the flat - that was pretty much it - and the QB had to throw almost perfect passes to complete the slants. Outside of their QB and their somewhat inconsistent WRs, UND is poop - not sure how they think that they're going to transform that collection of "talent" into a run-stopping/rush-heavy behemoth in the MVFC... maybe with the same power of wishful thinking that they used to guide their DI move as a whole?
    UND's QB got up after his helmet was popped off and said something to the LB that hit him while the ref was standing right there.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS