Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Nicholls State is coming to town

Default Re: Nicholls State is coming to town

Quote Originally Posted by UncleBuck View Post
    Some of the best remarks:

• Football games are played on the field not the stat book. From what I’ve seen, NDSU doesn’t play the level of competition that exists in the SLC.
    • Nowhere did I state the SLC has talent NDSU hasn’t seen. It’s the LEVEL of competition, week in and week out. This is the distinction. There are 2 other SLC teams in the playoffs and NSU beat them both.
    • The SLC is a Louisiana and Texas league. Louisiana has, Per capita, produced more NFL players than any other state. NDSU is good but not the unbeatable. NSU will give NDSU all they can handle.
    • Kansas State is the only team to score 38+ on the Colonels this year. NDSU is not Kansas state. 28-24 Colonels.
    • NDSU doesn’t make it through the Southland unbeaten this year.
    • NDSU hasn’t played anyone with the talent NSU has on offense either. Don’t be surprised if that win streak ends on Saturday
    • Gotta love the arrogance of NDSU fans thinking this game won’t be close. NSU has the better QB, RB and WR. Hopefully the NDSU players and coaches think like you so they can watch the Colonels end their streak.
    • The NDSU offense doesn’t appear to be much better than SLU, Prairie View or Houston Baptist. Personally I welcome this kind of arrogance. That’s how teams get beat. NDSU is not LSU or Ohio State or Alabama. The Colonels are not outclassed in any way in this game.
    • SLU offense is #4, Prairie View #6 and HBU #12. There isn’t some huge difference when compared to NDSU. NSU beat all 3.
    • They have no clue what is coming. Our guys have the hearts of loins and they will fight to the last play!!
    Wtf...meth is a beautiful drug
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    How's the chicken sandwich?
    That is a tasty chicken sandwich. The spicy one is the way to go.
    Looking good Billy Ray!

Just finished watching Nicholls State's last five games. They are definitely not a terrible team by any means and look the part of group that belongs in the playoffs. Their strength is that they have a handful of really good players, but a weakness of theirs is that they don't have depth in case any of those players can't play.

The players that impressed me the most:

1) Sully Laiche (#55 DL) - looks like a guy that would fit extremely well in the MVFC. NDSU's right side (Schoening, Johnson and Volson) will need to be ready on Saturday for this guy. Apparently, he missed a few games this season due to a back injury, but looked pretty good in games I watched.

2) Julien Gums (#28 RB) - he's a sheiss brickhouse. Although he's not the size of Javon Williams, Gums is similar in regards to bringing down after first contact. Nicholls seemed to have a RB by committee until injuries forced Gums to be the bell cow back before the Incarnate Word game.

3) Chase Fourcade (#9 QB) - he reminds me a lot of Easton Stick, but a bit smaller and slower. He plays with a pretty good football IQ (I believe he's pretty close to the Manning family based on commentary from one of the games I watched), can sling it anywhere and loves to run (second on the team with 809 yards). There will need a spy on him all day, and maybe, a S/DB blitz once in awhile wouldn't hurt to get him off his game. LBs, DBs and Safeties also need to pay attention to the middle of the field. Chase is a lot like Brady in that he throws a ton of five to ten yard passes over the middle.

4) Dai'Jean Dixon (#5 WR) - probably the most athletically gifted guy on their team. Only weakness I saw from Dixon is that he gets sloppy at times, but his strengths are very good and is Fourcade's first option in the passing game.

5) Dion Ray (#21 WR) - Not near as talented as Dixon, but makes a heck of an effort anytime the ball comes his way.

Honorable Mention: Carley McCord (sideline reporter) - I'm not much of fan of watching other teams that I don't care for, but the games she covered, she made the time spent worth it.

Although NDSU is favored by 28 points, I feel the amount of Seniors on the Nicholls team will make the score a bit closer - around 20 points. The closest team I feel Nicholls resembles the most that NDSU has played this season, is USD on a good day.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Funny you would say there are like USD as there are pretty close in Sagarin. Like USD would be a home favorite close.

Quote Originally Posted by gumby013 View Post
    That is a tasty chicken sandwich. The spicy one is the way to go.
    We dont have Popeys where I live so will have to try one tommrow for lunch now that Im in Fargo.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

There are some mind blowingly good tickets available. I actually bought 2 on the 40 down low just because because I have never had the ability to sit there

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Looking good Billy Ray!

Looking good Billy Ray!

Quote Originally Posted by gumby013 View Post
    Chartering through Allegiant....

The NCAA spares no expense.