Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: STATS FCS awards finalists

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default STATS FCS awards finalists

Here are the finalists for the awards. NDSU has a chance at all four (technically speaking).

https://sports.yahoo.com/stats-annou...04--ncaaf.html

NDSU Nominees

Payton- Trey Lance

Buchanan- Derek Tuszka

Rice- Trey Lance

Robinson- Matt Entz

The biggest snub that I noticed was that Ben DiNucci is not on the list for the Payton. I thought he had a chance to be a finalist. I could easily see Eric Barriere winning the Payton as team record is never a factor in these things and stats are king. In all fairness, Barriere has been an absolute stat monster and is a pretty good player.

Default Re: STATS FCS awards finalists

Too bad about Cox. He was on the Buchanan watch list until his injury.

I hope these guys are hoisting a trophy in Frisco early January. Histoy shows they will not hoist the other awards.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

What I’m curious about when talking about Berriere is does he have to play the entire game and coming from behind just to get the W while Trey on the other hand plays 3 quarters and towards the end of the game he pretty much hands the ball off 10 times in a row just to keep the clock going? I mean if you give Trey another 5 passes a game that’s another 60 passing attempts on the season and would have to think that he’d have a hell of a lot more yards. Obviously the SDSU game wasn’t his greatest throwing game but you know what I mean.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

BisonHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

These men deserve accolades for their efforts, but in the end only one matters and that one is listed on the championship banner.
    you mess with the ^Bison^ you get the horns

Quote Originally Posted by BisonHorns View Post
    These men deserve accolades for their efforts, but in the end only one matters and that one is listed on the championship banner.
    This. The individual awards are nice recognition but I am more interested in the hosting of that 8th trophy.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    What I’m curious about when talking about Berriere is does he have to play the entire game and coming from behind just to get the W while Trey on the other hand plays 3 quarters and towards the end of the game he pretty much hands the ball off 10 times in a row just to keep the clock going? I mean if you give Trey another 5 passes a game that’s another 60 passing attempts on the season and would have to think that he’d have a hell of a lot more yards. Obviously the SDSU game wasn’t his greatest throwing game but you know what I mean.
    The sad truth is that I don’t think they consider that. This award therefore tends to go to QB’s from mediocore teams.

Default STATS FCS awards finalists

It would be interesting to ask #53 what means more to him today: Buchanan award or Champs Trophy? Must pick one or the other. (I have a completely uninformed guess)
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    The sad truth is that I don’t think they consider that. This award therefore tends to go to QB’s from mediocore teams.
    Mediocre teams teams that are quite often trying to make a second half comeback and are more often than not forced to sling the ball all over the place in a panic. Not a well oiled machine like the Bison who built the team on run first, control the clock, and good defense. These "TYPICAL" winners of such awards tend to be a one man show on their teams (or side of the ball at the very least). Not like NDSU which has a total package for the most part in every phase of the game. It is my guess that voters for such awards are usually looking to spread the wealth, and are more concerned with making everyone feel good about themselves by ensuring that every kid gets a participation trophy. There is a reason why NDSU does not put names on the backs of the jerseys, the name on the front is what matters the most.
    From the movie THE PROGRAM

Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
    Coach Winters: Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment? Why don't you stick the bow-tie up your ass?

As crazy as it seems. I'll be more pissed if Trey doesn't win the Payton this year than I was last year when Stick didn't win it. Do the regular season stats back that up?

I mean I know it's not going to happen, but I'm still going to be pissed. The voting for these individual awards is just a joke every year with no thought put into it other than sorting by high numbers.