Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU's Best Goal Line Stands

Default NDSU's Best Goal Line Stands

As much as I love goal-line stands, I don't have much of a memory about particular ones.

That said, the goal line stand against SIU on Saturday has to be one of the best. SIU had 1st and goal from the 5 and one of the best runners in the FCS. Our defense had given up 58 yards on 5 straight SIU carries - maybe they were getting tired or (more probably) maybe they were playing pass defense because it was a whole different defense at the 5. Heck, I could loop that last stop on Javon Williams (Hankey low and Jimmy Football cleaning up the play) for an hour before getting (temporarily) tired of it.

The only other one I have a pretty good memory of was the one against Portland State in the 1988 Championship game (1st and goal at the 2) - even so I can't remember who made the stops, just that it seemed like they tried to run the QB wide on the last attempt (it might have even tried an option play.) Let's just say that if I had to pick from that QB and any QB NDSU has had over the last 50 seasons, he'd have been my last pick for that kind of play. And running an option or option-like play against the 1988 Bison who practiced against it every day? Genius!

So what other goal line stands do you people remember?

Default Re: NDSU's Best Goal Line Stands

Wasn't there one in the recent playoff run where Leevon Perry made a tackle on 4th and goal to stop a score. Can't remember the details.
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1500/gobisoncy9.gif

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by No_Skill View Post
    Wasn't there one in the recent playoff run where Leevon Perry made a tackle on 4th and goal to stop a score. Can't remember the details.
    I can't remember if it was the first Georgia Southern game or the 2nd, but I believe there was a huge 4th and goal late in whichever game where we stuffed the QB on an option play. My memory sucks regarding most of the details and players involved but it was the South endzone.
    I'd wreck your Momma to win.

Apparently there were a couple in the Furman playoff win in 2013, one of them on Furman's opening drive. Kolpack wrote an article about it.

You're right, tony, we clearly have a lack of goal-line stands and it should be added to the "weakest point on the team" thread.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Mr Pep Band is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Apparently there were a couple in the Furman playoff win in 2013, one of them on Furman's opening drive. Kolpack wrote an article about it.

You're right, tony, we clearly have a lack of goal-line stands and it should be added to the "weakest point on the team" thread.

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    I can't remember if it was the first Georgia Southern game or the 2nd, but I believe there was a huge 4th and goal late in whichever game where we stuffed the QB on an option play. My memory sucks regarding most of the details and players involved but it was the South endzone.
    That sounds right. Also, this thread needs video highlights.

gotts is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I don't know if this fits your criteria, but this game immediately came to mind.

September 6, 2014. NDSU @ Weber State, if Bison win, Gameday comes back to Fargo. Bison are up 21-7, but Weber State is working momentum back the other way. In total, Weber runs 8 Plays from the 12 yard line or closer. Drive summary below:

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...meId/400553551

1st & 10 at WEB 21
    Eric Wilkes run for no gain to the WebSt 21

2nd & 10 at WEB 21
    Billy Green pass incomplete to N/A, broken up by Travis Beck

3rd & 10 at WEB 21
    Billy Green pass complete to Kamana Kaimikaua for 14 yds to the WebSt 35 for a 1ST down

1st & 10 at WEB 35
    Billy Green pass complete to Shaydon Kehano for 29 yds to the NDkSt 36 for a 1ST down

1st & 10 at NDSU 36
    Billy Green pass incomplete to Braden Corpus

2nd & 10 at NDSU 36
    Billy Green pass complete to Cameron Livingston for 15 yds to the NDkSt 21 for a 1ST down

1st & 10 at NDSU 21
    Bo Bolen run for 9 yds to the NDkSt 12

2nd & 1 at NDSU 12
    Billy Green pass complete to Kamana Kaimikaua for 2 yds to the NDkSt 10 for a 1ST down

1st & Goal at NDSU 10
    Billy Green pass complete to Kamana Kaimikaua for 5 yds to the NDkSt 5

End of 3rd Quarter

2nd & Goal at NDSU 5
    Billy Green pass incomplete, broken up by Travis Beck

3rd & Goal at NDSU 5
    NO DAKOTA ST Penalty, Defensive pass interference (3 Yards) to the NDkSt 2 for a 1ST down

1st & Goal at NDSU 2
    Eric Wilkes run for 1 yd to the NDkSt 1

2nd & Goal at NDSU 1
    Eric Wilkes run for a loss of 2 yards to the NDkSt 3

3rd & Goal at NDSU 3
    Eric Wilkes run for a loss of 1 yard to the NDkSt 4

4th & Goal at NDSU 4
    Josh Kealamakia run for 2 yds to the NDkSt 2
    Golden Rules of Bisonville:
    Being self-aware is knowing your head is firmly planted up your ass
    Never let facts get in the way of a good argument

Surefire Successful Bisonville Conversation Starters: Move to FBS, Scream Yellow, Zipper Merge, Pickleball Championships, Transfer Portal, The Rainforest, Fire Vigen Save Season, Fargodome Expansion, Toxic Locker Rooms, Marlboro Matt, Veer Offense, Whale of a Game, Rainin' Bitches, Frisco Cruiser Bus, BYU Fan Voting, Frisco is biased towards NDSU

Not a goal line stand but a 4 down stand, against Richmond when DeLuca hit the QB who was trying to jump over the line.

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    THIS IS IT. BRANDON JEMISON AND TRAVIS BECK AMAZING

NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Yep. Had the players completely wrong, but that's the one I was thinking of.