Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Going FBS and Recruiting

Default Re: Going FBS and Recruiting

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    But why are those recruits coming to NDSU instead of G5 schools? Hint, NDSU becoming a G5 school would eliminate this reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't think so, would you rather play for NDSU or Akron?

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    I don't think so, would you rather play for NDSU or Akron?
    The G5 level kids coming to NDSU to win Championships wouldn't choose either. That's the point.
    Hail the BISON!!!

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I would say that it has more to do with tradition and culture than say championships or anything else.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    I would say that it has more to do with tradition and culture than say championships or anything else.
    Um, Championships are a big part of NDSU's tradition and culture. Don't agree, then take out the Championships and what tradition and culture does NDSU have? There's a reason why nobody talks a lot about the pre-Mudra days, or even the Babich days in a positive light.
    Hail the BISON!!!

and NDSU misses out on a lot of kids that want the FBS label, especially kids going to kansas St Wyoming Mac schools etc.
    so we'd backfill those kids AND snag the top 3-4 kids going to UNI sdsu usd etc
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    and NDSU misses out on a lot of kids that want the FBS label, especially kids going to kansas St Wyoming Mac schools etc.
    so we'd backfill those kids AND snag the top 3-4 kids going to UNI sdsu usd etc
    Do we though? Do we really miss out on kids to Wyo and Mac schools? K State I can see, it's Big 12 but I would say we rarely have kids choosing MAC or Wyo over NDSU.

EDIT: Which is really crazy when you think about it. That and the occasional B1G offer that gets turned down to become a Bison. Crazy

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Um, Championships are a big part of NDSU's tradition and culture. Don't agree, then take out the Championships and what tradition and culture does NDSU have? There's a reason why nobody talks a lot about the pre-Mudra days, or even the Babich days in a positive light.
    I do agree that championships are a part of the tradition and culture but I think that there is a little more to it than that. Just winning in general is tradition. Style of play can be a tradition. Culture is also doing things the right way, a bring your lunch pale to practice type of environment. Holding each other accountable and having a TRUE family environment is culture. The environment at NDSU is a draw. We get kids because of the titles and we get kids because of what NDSU is as a program without them. We also lose kids because we aren't (the other label) too and I'm not saying one is better than the other. Some kids want certain things and others want the opposite.

Just an opinion and not trying to be confrontational at all.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

X-Factor is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

So I think we could bank that NDSU would clean up against all of the MVFC and MAC, Wyo, and go head-on with a Boise State if the recruit was in our backyard (e.g Minnesota or a Dakota). I doubt we would do much to change the BCS kids minds. That’s not a bad place to be, but I think there is a ceiling for us even with 22 extra scholarships

Quote Originally Posted by X-Factor View Post
    but I think there is a ceiling for us
    Stupid pud D2'ey dome.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by X-Factor View Post
    So I think we could bank that NDSU would clean up against all of the MVFC and MAC, Wyo, and go head-on with a Boise State if the recruit was in our backyard (e.g Minnesota or a Dakota). I doubt we would do much to change the BCS kids minds. That’s not a bad place to be, but I think there is a ceiling for us even with 22 extra scholarships
    yea, we still lose FBS kids to Wyoming/KState/MAC.. i know I listed about 8-10 in this years recruiting class along that didn't choose us.

plus you get a higher caliber of athlete too, lots more 2-3 stars whereas we are only getting 4-5 kids that are 2-3 stars now
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?