Page 30 of 40 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 FCS Selection Show

Default Re: 2019 FCS Selection Show

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Is ESPN3 the same as ESPN+ via the AppleTv platform?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    As the others said, you access both channels the same way. But as Thunder said, they are two different subscriptions. The $4.99 you pay for ESPN+ does not give you access to ESPN3 broadcasts. ESPN3 access is controlled by who your internet provider is. If they paid ESPN for access, you get it. If they didn't, you don't. CableOne and Midco both do, so if they are your internet provider you're good. Same with Arvig. You also get it if you use most streaming TV choices like Sling, Hulu and YouTube TV. DirecTV NOW does not carry ESPN3.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    As the others said, you access both channels the same way. But as Thunder said, they are two different subscriptions. The $4.99 you pay for ESPN+ does not give you access to ESPN3 broadcasts. ESPN3 access is controlled by who your internet provider is. If they paid ESPN for access, you get it. If they didn't, you don't. CableOne and Midco both do, so if they are your internet provider you're good. Same with Arvig. You also get it if you use most streaming TV choices like Sling, Hulu and YouTube TV. DirecTV NOW does not carry ESPN3.
    To add to this. When using a streaming device ala Roku, the login for each service can be separate. Meaning your can be logged into separate accounts for each service therefore being able to switch between ESPN+ and regular streaming ESPN channels without having to re log into the app.

Quote Originally Posted by noryan34 View Post
    To add to this. When using a streaming device ala Roku, the login for each service can be separate. Meaning your can be logged into separate accounts for each service therefore being able to switch between ESPN+ and regular streaming ESPN channels without having to re log into the app.
    Now I am starting to remember this from last year. My internet provider (Halstad Telephone) does not pay ESPN for access to ESPN3 from what I recall.

Thanks again for the input--I am a bit tech-challenged.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Now I am starting to remember this from last year. My internet provider (Halstad Telephone) does not pay ESPN for access to ESPN3 from what I recall.

Thanks again for the input--I am a bit tech-challenged.
    Maybe that's changed. They're on the affiliate list.
    https://www.espn.com/espn3/affList

Maybe that's changed. They're on the affiliate list.
    https://www.espn.com/espn3/affList
    Hmmmm .... interesting. I’ll have to check it out tonight.

Thank you for your help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    I get this take. But again, if you look at the whole picture it makes sense:
    - You have to seed one of 3 seed-bubble Valley teams (tell me who would deserve it more)
    - ISUr lost convincingly to YSU
    - SDSU lost a close one to USD
    - SDSU killed UNI a week ago

Easy peasy.

Some moaning on the UNI board about not getting a seed. But it is tough to get pummeled by SDSU toward the end of the season and maintain that kind of respect from a national committee.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    Some moaning on the UNI board about not getting a seed. But it is tough to get pummeled by SDSU toward the end of the season and maintain that kind of respect from a national committee.
    100% correct you are.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    100% correct you are.
    I was shocked by the SDSU seed. The 4th place Valley team gets a seed. and the 2nd and 3rd place teams are playing on opening weekend even though they all have pretty much identical resumes....

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Sdsu was 12 in the final fcs poll.

Lardsin must go!

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    It's not like Colgate is in their bracket.
    Thanks for the belly laugh