Page 26 of 40 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 FCS Selection Show

Default Re: 2019 FCS Selection Show

JMU thinking they're going to win in Frisco isn't news.

The adorable thing is that the F'Hawkers think they're going to get some kind of revenge in the Fargodome.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    No idea I just know that his logic during the year was “JMU hasn’t beaten anyone yet, but neither has NDSU”. And then went on to recognize NDSUs streak and say that it was just his opinion. Didn’t really provide a thorough defense for his argument.
    He provided a thorough argument for why he had JMU ahead of NDSU to start the season until JMU went to OT against Stonybrook:

https://herosports.com/fcs/football-...ison-no-1-ajaj

This was posted before that week and NDSU stomped ISUr the same week. He switched his vote after these outcomes.

No idea if he published his reasons for picking JMU to win the natty but I would imagine they are similar to that article.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    He provided a thorough argument for why he had JMU ahead of NDSU to start the season until JMU went to OT against Stonybrook:

https://herosports.com/fcs/football-...ison-no-1-ajaj

This was posted before that week and NDSU stomped ISUr the same week. He switched his vote after these outcomes.

No idea if he published his reasons for picking JMU to win the natty but I would imagine they are similar to that article.
    I have no issues with him predicting the Bison will lose in Frisco.

I did have an issue with him basing his rankings on his predictions that the Bison would lose some future game in the regular season instead of their resume at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    I have no issues with him predicting the Bison will lose in Frisco.

I did have an issue with him basing his rankings on his predictions that the Bison would lose some future game in the regular season instead of their resume at the time.
    I guess he didn’t have to do that but it’s kind of saying the same thing, just with more emphasis.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Seems like the 4 Big Sky seeds are indistinguishable from one another. NDSU gets Central Arkansas on their side which is a break because they didn't deserve a seed and JMU gets a depleted SDSU. It all adds up to a marginally harder road for the 2 seed, which is how it should be.

NDSU v the field? Put me down for NDSU.
    JMU v their half for the other finalist? Put me down for JMU.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

I'm not surprised UND got outbid by Nicholls. Nicholls has drawn well for FCS teams on Thanksgiving weekend these last two years. They had 9600 for USD two years ago and 8500 for the other USD (San Diego) last year on Thanksgiving weekend. Chaves knows UND would struggle to get 5k over Thanksgiving weekend.

That said I'd be borderline shocked if UND wins down there. They have one road win on the year and that was a squeaker over 3-8 Cal Poly. Nicholls has a really good QB in Chase Fourcade (3 or 4 year starter). Nicholls has playoff experience on their side... all signs point to a UND loss.

Pretty good work by the committee I must admit. Seeding Central Arkansas was the only big mistake they made in my mind. Everything else is reasonable. EWU and Towson shouldn’t have been excluded (Clear mistakes as well but not as damaging to the bracket as seeding such an undeserving team.), but the teams they put in instead were at least on my bubble. The only potential 2nd round conference matchup is SDSU and UNI. We have a potential rematch w/ UND of course but with the travel rules those were nearly a foregone conclusion. I’m not sure there are any other potential rematches in round 2?
    Last edited by bisonaudit; 11-25-2019 at 11:15 AM.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The wailing over on the Dukes forum is just delicious. Waaaaaaaahh! The Smelly Bisons have a cakewalk to Frisco!

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Well, I for one will pick up my own garbage and throw it away unlike some other fanbases.
    If we lose I will find comfort in 7 trophies in a decade.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    The wailing over on the Dukes forum is just delicious. Waaaaaaaahh! The Smelly Bisons have a cakewalk to Frisco!
    yet they are going to murder everyone. Sounds legit.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯