Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 FCS Selection Show

Default 2019 FCS Selection Show

Might as well just start a new thread. About 2 hours left to go. I think this year was more trouble for the selection committee when it came to getting it done quickly. Normally they have an idea of what the bracket is going to be going into the final week, then they just adjust a bit for the one or two upsets. But there were a lot more than one or two upsets in the final week this year, so I think they had to mostly start from scratch.

They finished selecting the field last night, but didn't get to selecting the seeds, pairing up the bracket, and opening the bids until this morning. They only finished all that about a half hour ago. IIRC, that's way behind their regular schedule. I think there have been years where they were completely done the night before, or at least had the seeds done.

Should be interesting.

Default Re: 2019 FCS Selection Show

Where can you watch the selection show, what tv channels or is it on anything espn???
    From the movie THE PROGRAM

Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
    Coach Winters: Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment? Why don't you stick the bow-tie up your ass?

Quote Originally Posted by 1st&TennBison View Post
    Where can you watch the selection show, what tv channels or is it on anything espn???
    ESPNU (10 char)
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

Quote Originally Posted by 1st&TennBison View Post
    Like bri said, ESPNU at 11:30am-12:30pm CST.

edit: There is a live MBB game going on ESPNU right now, so it's possible the selection show might be delayed or start on ESPNNews or something. Won't know until the start time approaches.

can't get ESPNU via ESPN+ subscription which makes 0 sense, since they put all the fcs games on ESPN+

someone find a pirate stream or facebook live it? Tre Dempsey's dad probably will.. haha he does it all
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Jay Walker (former quarterback, Howard University)'s annual answer to NDSU vs the field will be this: I love this NDSU team, theyre young, hungry and rollin'................buut have you seen those Big Sky quarterbacks putting up big time numbers? They sling it all over scoring a bunch of points. They'll have something to say about NDSU trying to 3-peat. Give me the field

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    can't get ESPNU via ESPN+ subscription which makes 0 sense, since they put all the fcs games on ESPN+

someone find a pirate stream or facebook live it? Tre Dempsey's dad probably will.. haha he does it all
    Pre season is over, the regular season with SDSU, UNI UND begins

Quote Originally Posted by 123Gobison View Post
    Pre season is over, the regular season with SDSU, UNI UND begins
    D2 Regionalization. gee great.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Agreed, it's such BS for all involved. SDSU and UNI fans want to play new teams as much as we do. I'm not sure if _ND has any football fans left that care so I would guess an NDSU game is what they are hoping for. Either way it sucks, it should be no rematches in Round 1 or 2 unless absolutely necessary to retain the integrity of the seeding process.

They could easily send a potential und/sdsu matchup to montana or montana state. Only und played montana state out of those potential 2nd round games. But the committee loves those bus trips. Fully expect them to make a dakota pod.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN