Page 31 of 40 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 FCS Selection Show

Default Re: 2019 FCS Selection Show

Quote Originally Posted by noryan34 View Post
    I was shocked by the SDSU seed. The 4th place Valley team gets a seed. and the 2nd and 3rd place teams are playing on opening weekend even though they all have pretty much identical resumes....
    Did the committee take into consideration past successes? 7/8 straight years of making the field and a few as seeds. Not saying they should but I feel like most polls/seedings give value to programs that have a tradition of success.

Quote Originally Posted by noryan34 View Post
    I was shocked by the SDSU seed. The 4th place Valley team gets a seed. and the 2nd and 3rd place teams are playing on opening weekend even though they all have pretty much identical resumes....
    I broke it down elsewhere but basically I don’t see how you can give it to UNI over SDSU, they have the same body of work except they got annihilated by SDSU a week ago.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Did the committee take into consideration past successes? 7/8 straight years of making the field and a few as seeds. Not saying they should but I feel like most polls/seedings give value to programs that have a tradition of success.
    I think they just avoided recency bias which is something I've wished the committee would've always done. Games in week 13 shouldn't carry more weight than games in week 12 or week 8 or even week 1 IMO... the entire body of work needs to be looked at.

I think the comparison between SDSU's and UNI's body of work was close. UNI has better losses (although SDSU has the best FCS loss - 7 point loss to NDSU), SDSU has better wins, UNI has a slightly better SOS, and SDSU has more "style points". If the resumes are close it's only natural that a dominating head-to-head win would be the difference.

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Looking good Billy Ray!

BisonHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by gumby013 View Post
    Und can afford a 100 gazillion dollar hockey scoreboard cant they drop a dime to do something here.
    you mess with the ^Bison^ you get the horns

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I think they just avoided recency bias which is something I've wished the committee would've always done. Games in week 13 shouldn't carry more weight than games in week 12 or week 8 or even week 1 IMO... the entire body of work needs to be looked at.

I think the comparison between SDSU's and UNI's body of work was close. UNI has better losses (although SDSU has the best FCS loss - 7 point loss to NDSU), SDSU has better wins, UNI has a slightly better SOS, and SDSU has more "style points". If the resumes are close it's only natural that a dominating head-to-head win would be the difference.
    Because they play both SDSU and NDSU. We would have a better SOS if we could play ourselves.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Because they play both SDSU and NDSU. We would have a better SOS if we could play ourselves.
    I'm not really following. I don't think anyone would say there's a large gap between SDSU and UNI this year in terms of team strength. SDSU played UNI and NDSU and UNI played SDSU and NDSU. Pretty much a wash in terms of SOS.

If you just look at OOC UNI had a much tougher schedule with Iowa St and Weber St whereas SDSU had Minnesota and a few little sisters of the poor after that. Where SDSU made some ground back is because they didn't play last place WIU on the MVFC schedule whereas UNI didn't play SIU. That's a pretty big difference this year.

RonMexico is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by gumby013 View Post
    How could UND not outbid that?

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by RonMexico View Post
    Nickels and dimes.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by RonMexico View Post
    Especially when they own all the farms and are the flagship. You would think they could bid at least $150000