Page 28 of 40 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 FCS Selection Show

Default Re: 2019 FCS Selection Show

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Yeah, boo hoo, Dukes fans. Win 7 championships in 8 years, go undefeated and rated no. 1 all year, and then get the bracket stacked against you and you can wine all you want.

Until then, STFU and cheer for your football team.
    I think this is a great bracket for JMU. They might play SDSU (who is way overrated now having lost their QB and RB), I would argue potentially an easier game then the #8 seed. Also, even though Montana, Weber State and Villanova are on JMU's bracket, they will all eliminate themselves except for one before JMU would theoretically play them. Also, Sac. State is on the opposite bracket. Being that they are a pass offense, this bodes well for JMU, as that is their defensive weakness (whereas they are only allowing an average of 63 yards per game rushing).

JMU fans who are complaining about this bracket don't understand what is going on, understand the teams or JMU's strengths/weaknesses.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    or just make it 16!
    If you are in the top 8, it is a 16 team playoff in a way. Personally, I view it somewhat similarly to the play-in games for the NCAA tournament. They are technically in but outside the bracket of when the best teams actually start playing.

Quote Originally Posted by JMUVtFan View Post
    I think this is a great bracket for JMU. They might play SDSU (who is way overrated now having lost their QB and RB), I would argue potentially an easier game then the #8 seed. Also, even though Montana, Weber State and Villanova are on JMU's bracket, they will all eliminate themselves except for one before JMU would theoretically play them. Also, Sac. State is on the opposite bracket. Being that they are a pass offense, this bodes well for JMU as that is their defensive weakness (whereas they are only allowing an average of 62.8 yards per game rushing).

JMU fans who are complaining about this bracket don't understand what is going on or understand the teams.
    And clearly you are not one of the aforementioned. It’s more the fans that feel they deserve an easier path that the 1 seed (whoever that happens to be), or even worse, some who legit feel JMU deserves the 1 seed over NDSU this year. That’s unbelievably absurd. I understand feeling confident that your team is better than NDSU and would beat them on a neutral field, that’s reasonable and frankly quite possible. But just give credit where credit is due this year. We’re the 1 seed because we are the defending champs and went undefeated. Pretty cut and dry.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Nice to see some different teams and new blood for a change. Looking forward to the game against Nichols!

And clearly you are not one of the aforementioned. It’s more the fans that feel they deserve an easier path that the 1 seed (whoever that happens to be), or even worse, some who legit feel JMU deserves the 1 seed over NDSU this year. That’s unbelievably absurd. I understand feeling confident that your team is better than NDSU and would beat them on a neutral field, that’s reasonable and frankly quite possible. But just give credit where credit is due this year. We’re the 1 seed because we are the defending champs and went undefeated. Pretty cut and dry.
    Anyone who thinks the path should be easier for a #2 seed is delusional despite the team they root for. That's just not how brackets work haha. I'm fine with NDSU being the #1 personally. I would vote for them as #1 in a poll. But that doesn't mean that I'm not rooting for JMU and hope they win!

Quote Originally Posted by JMUVtFan View Post
    Anyone who thinks the path should be easier for a #2 seed is delusional despite the team they root for. That's just not how brackets work haha. I'm fine with NDSU being the #1 personally. I would vote for them as #1 in a poll. But that doesn't mean that I'm not rooting for JMU and hope they win!
    Of course! Apparently you need to spread some of this level-headed, well-reasoned thinking over on the Dukes board. Good luck with that.

Of course! Apparently you need to spread some of this level-headed, well-reasoned thinking over on the Dukes board. Good luck with that.
    We could use more of that type of thinking over here as well. The pompous attitude of some must really make other fan bases want to puke.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    We could use more of that type of thinking over here as well. The pompous attitude of some must really make other fan bases want to puke.
    Logical respectful conversation for everyone! Here, here!

Our side of the bracket was tough in 2015. My thought at the time was "If we can get through this, we deserve to be National Champions".

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    If we lose I will find comfort in 7 trophies in a decade.
    If ... what? Wait, what? Dude, are you in South Dakota this morning?