Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Utah valley gdt.

Default Re: Utah valley gdt.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    well that was with 1 year left on contract and writing on the wall for what, 3 years?
    and she still was allowed to finish the season out.

when's the last in season Firing of a NDSU coach? 45 years?
    I’m with ya, we rode out walseth too long for sure. Dave will not be fired mid-season (nor should he).

If anything he would get to the end of his contract and it wouldn’t be renewed. He is not doing poorly to the point of being fired mid-contract. If you do something like fire someone mid-season you better have a good reason for it because the coaches applying for the opening will see that and may think twice.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Too many turnovers, too many bad shots, too much standing around on offense and laziness on defense. However it appeared a fire was lit for about the last 8 minutes when they realized they actually have to play hard to win games. Unfortunately it was too little, too late to pull this one out but hopefully it will keep that fire burning to play like that for 40 minutes every game from here on out.....not entirely sold on it but hopeful

pretty sure we are the only D1 offers for the Jamestown, Devils Lake and Fargo Davis kids, so how would that affect recruiting?
    LOL A+ content

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

pretty sure we are the only D1 offers for the Jamestown, Devils Lake and Fargo Davis kids, so how would that affect recruiting?
    For the record Grant Nelson did have an offer from UND and the Fargo Davies kid is a walk on so he doesn't really count. But yes you have a point.

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This is a strong point....wth, did I just say that for a Lakes post??

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    We were a mediocre team last year that got hot for two games in March. We snuck past #8 Western Ill

This is the same team, except Deng.

We can shoot outstandingly at times, but there will be games like this where it isn’t falling. Dave needs to have other ideas than to keep shooting 3s. I have my doubts
    Nailed it. If not for a massive upset by WIU last year Richman likely gets canned. This is 2018 all over and I will say it again. Richman's floor this year has to be a Summit league championship in either the regular season or post.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Nailed it. If not for a massive upset by WIU last year Richman likely gets canned. This is 2018 all over and I will say it again. Richman's floor this year has to be a Summit league championship in either the regular season or post.
    I would say need to win both. But please get rid of the weave action on top with the post player at the top of the key. Get some cutters to the basket or drive the ball in there. Setup those outside shooter and please for Gods sake starting hitting those outside shots.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    I would say need to win both. But please get rid of the weave action on top with the post player at the top of the key. Get some cutters to the basket or drive the ball in there. Setup those outside shooter and please for Gods sake starting hitting those outside shots.
    And stop giving Quayle minutes. Probably a good kid but he's not a D1 player. There, I said it so people can flame away.

Really frustrating to see regression from this group so far this year.

BTW, we're favored by 8 at Idaho tonight.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    I’m with ya, we rode out walseth too long for sure. Dave will not be fired mid-season (nor should he).

If anything he would get to the end of his contract and it wouldn’t be renewed. He is not doing poorly to the point of being fired mid-contract. If you do something like fire someone mid-season you better have a good reason for it because the coaches applying for the opening will see that and may think twice.
    Tim Miles knows what he’s getting into upon his return.
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.