Thread: The 2019 Seniors

Default The 2019 Seniors

Really good read from Jeff Kolpack on the 14 seniors on this years football roster: https://www.inforum.com/bison-media-...n-Senior-Class

6 of them changed positions in their time at NDSU. 8 of them waited until their senior year to hit the top of the depth chart or contribute beyond special teams. Several of them battled through serious injuries while riding the bench. All of them deserve our respect and gratitude for their dedication to this program and the foundation of success they helped build.

Thank you seniors! Now let's see them get about 5 more wins before they take off the green and yellow for the last time.

P.S. Pretty sure I heard that all of them will graduate next month with the exception of Derek Tuszka who is already doing the graduate school thing.

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: The 2019 Seniors

Love this! The senior leadership on this team is incredible. To keep the wheels on this thing after the coaching changes and the massive roster turn over from a huge senior class last year...its a true testament to the kind of young men we have in our program. Once again, just another reminder of how blessed we are as a fan base!
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.

Thats quite a group. Sure hope to see them finish off their careers on top. Let's go 1-0 tomorrow and cement that #1 seed.

Not quite the star laden senior class we've had before but these guys represent the backbone of our program. They epitomize the mantra "Those who stay will be champions!" I hope they go out on top!

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I think the talent that has been recruited over the past few years is really starting to show. It seems there are less and less guys who are 3-4 year stars (there are still a few though). I think that is because the guys ahead of them are so good as well. We are seeing more of a rotation than we did at the beginning of the run. So I don't know if it's less that this senior class has less start power and more that they were behind guys who were also studs and these guys were just waiting for their time. It's also pretty impressive to have a class of 24 seniors followed by a class of 14 seniors. Hat's of to these guys!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Bisman is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Dom Izzo's The 14; Saluting the 2019 Bison Senior Class

https://www.inforum.com/bison-media-...jiw0ZY.twitter

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    I think the talent that has been recruited over the past few years is really starting to show. It seems there are less and less guys who are 3-4 year stars (there are still a few though). I think that is because the guys ahead of them are so good as well. We are seeing more of a rotation than we did at the beginning of the run. So I don't know if it's less that this senior class has less start power and more that they were behind guys who were also studs and these guys were just waiting for their time. It's also pretty impressive to have a class of 24 seniors followed by a class of 14 seniors. Hat's of to these guys!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    Great post and so true. The Golden Eagle and company played so many snaps that by the end of their senior years they were basically a mash unit. DT and co will leave here with relatively healthy bodies in comparison.*

*Theory does not apply to Lineman