Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Indiana and Northwestern Duals

Default Re: Indiana and Northwestern Duals

Nice throw by Mr Metz to end the dual.

The single-leg transition to a lateral drop was a thing of beauty by Metz. Even more impressive is the fact he’s a big dude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

Overall, the score was probably a little closer than the dual actually was.

Great job by the three guys with falls, Degen, Fogarty, and Metz. Outside of them, Sykora wrestled solid and De La Riva looked fine all things considered. It was his first match of the year, and he had to face an NCAA qualifier.

If Midkiff had been in the lineup, it certainly would have been closer, and we may have won another weight.

I'd like to see Van Maanen in an open tournament soon to get some confidence. He just hasn't been pulling the trigger on anything this year. He and Eaton have had tough dual schedules, but they aren't executing nearly well enough to put themselves in the NCAA tournament conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    The single-leg transition to a lateral drop was a thing of beauty by Metz. Even more impressive is the fact he’s a big dude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AND he scored on his opening shot before that.

Metz has always been super talented, but his in match feel and mat awareness looks significantly improved this year. I love what he has shown so far

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post

I'd like to see Van Maanen in an open tournament soon to get some confidence. He just hasn't been pulling the trigger on anything this year. He and Eaton have had tough dual schedules, but they aren't executing nearly well enough to put themselves in the NCAA tournament conversation.
    JVM needs to channel some of those free-style matches where he puts up 15 points.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
    AND he scored on his opening shot before that.

Metz has always been super talented, but his in match feel and mat awareness looks significantly improved this year. I love what he has shown so far
    Yeah, I think once Metz builds up some confidence with leg attacks, everybody else better look out.