Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bison Running game

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Bison Running game

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    I remember a quote from Blazek saying this could be the best OLine in NDSU history if they wanted to be. That was in fall camp and I thought it was ridiculous hyperbole. I now think I’m wrong.
    They seem to be the most complete in terms of run and pass blocking. Below are our sacks/game average going back to 2011.

Year Sacks/Game Avg

2019 0.64
    2018 0.80
    2017 1.47
    2016 1.07
    2015 1.07
    2014 1.25
    2013 1.20
    2012 1.60
    2011 1.20

2019 is off the chart good in terms of sacks. Couple that with only 1 interception thrown by the entire team all year and this is without a doubt our best pass blocking line IMHO.
    Last edited by BisManBison; 11-22-2019 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Effort to make data easier to read.
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

Mr Pep Band is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisManBison View Post
    They seem to be the most complete in terms of run and pass blocking. Below are our sacks/game average going back to 2011.

Year Sacks/Game Avg

2019 0.64
    2018 0.80
    2017 1.47
    2016 1.07
    2015 1.07
    2014 1.25
    2013 1.20
    2012 1.60
    2011 1.20

2019 is off the chart good in terms of sacks. Couple that with only 1 interception thrown by the entire team all year and this is without a doubt our best pass blocking line IMHO.
    Offensive Line is GOOD! Which then helps the running game and more yards per carry. If this continues into the post-season, than it is confirmed!

Having good numbers against lesser competition is easy, but when the data come against quality opponents, that is much, much more impressive!

GO RAMS!

I remember Kolpack commented in 2015 that we had a "B1G 10 Offensive line". We have always been the gold standard in the FCS for offensive lines, but I really feel this year that There are maybe 3-4 offensive lines in the B1G that would be an improvement over ours, and maybe the same amount across the entire G5.

VERY impressive offensive line- absolutely dominate in every facet possible. Throw in our friggin beasts at TE and FB and when we throw in the guy (help me with his name) who helps out at TE like in the 4th and marker play, and we turn into even more of a nightmare for teams in the playoffs. Holy shit I would be so afraid of playing us... maybe more than ever before, if possible
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    I remember Kolpack commented in 2015 that we had a "B1G 10 Offensive line". We have always been the gold standard in the FCS for offensive lines, but I really feel this year that There are maybe 3-4 offensive lines in the B1G that would be an improvement over ours, and maybe the same amount across the entire G5.

VERY impressive offensive line- absolutely dominate in every facet possible. Throw in our friggin beasts at TE and FB and when we throw in the guy (help me with his name) who helps out at TE like in the 4th and marker play, and we turn into even more of a nightmare for teams in the playoffs. Holy shit I would be so afraid of playing us... maybe more than ever before, if possible
    Certainly not always, I recall the UNI game in 2010 where I think the line gave up 9 or 10 sacks lmao it was such a sad day.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Certainly not always, I recall the UNI game in 2010 where I think the line gave up 9 or 10 sacks lmao it was such a sad day.
    Don't remind me, that game was very hard to watch. 11 sacks by UNI, had to look it up.

and also -40 yards rushing...

I'm excited to see Clark get reps behind the first team O-line. Most of his carries have been in garbage time, and I think he'll have more to offer with better blocking.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pep Band View Post
    Don't remind me, that game was very hard to watch. 11 sacks by UNI, had to look it up.

Lmao team has come along way since then.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Lmao team has come along way since then.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pep Band View Post

Still crazy to me that we had a chance to win that game. I remember how painful it was to watch from the stands and the disbelief I felt realizing after all that we still had a chance at the end of the game.

Kobe Johnson is going to be a pretty big deal. Balance, speed, quickness and balance. Did I mention balance?