Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison Running game

Default Bison Running game

We now have 12 different players averaging over 5 YPC on the season...

Trey
    3 WR
    7 RB
    1 Punter

Have we ever had this much diversity and talent on one team or is our Oline just that good?

Default Re: Bison Running game

The thing that differentiates this RB group from other groups in the past to me is their speed. Brooks and Johnson are especially lethal but Cofield and Williams aren't bad in that department either.

The O-line is dominant though. Kolpack had an article about them this week talking about it. 5 MVFC offensive lineman of the week awards for the group and they've had the same starting 5 for every game this year *knockonwood* so continuity has been great as well. Entz did mention in his last press conference though when asked by Kolpack that he thinks the main reason the O-line has stayed healthy this year is that they've been able to rotate in guys like the Kubas bros, Jalen Sundell, and Cody Mauch enough so lineman rarely have to play more than 50 snaps in a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    The thing that differentiates this RB group from other groups in the past to me is their speed. Brooks and Johnson are especially lethal but Cofield and Williams aren't bad in that department either.

The O-line is dominant though. Kolpack had an article about them this week talking about it. 5 MVFC offensive lineman of the week awards for the group and they've had the same starting 5 for every game this year *knockonwood* so continuity has been great as well. Entz did mention in his last press conference though when asked by Kolpack that he thinks the main reason the O-line has stayed healthy this year is that they've been able to rotate in guys like the Kubas bros, Jalen Sundell, and Cody Mauch enough so lineman rarely have to play more than 50 snaps in a game.
    This Oline has a lot to say in how well our QB and RBs are doing, and by extension, the WRs and TEs, plus they are solid as well. Just fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

I remember a quote from Blazek saying this could be the best OLine in NDSU history if they wanted to be. That was in fall camp and I thought it was ridiculous hyperbole. I now think I’m wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by fmfantasy View Post
    We now have 12 different players averaging over 5 YPC on the season...

Trey
    3 WR
    7 RB
    1 Punter

Have we ever had this much diversity and talent on one team or is our Oline just that good?
    Yes.

Hail the BISON!!!

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

the diversity of the entire offense is the best its been in the last decade, and quite possibly ever. What's even more unbelievable is that of the 7 players averaging over 5 YPC only 1 is a senior.

And 2 of them are true freshman
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post

And don't forget Bussey.. are Bussey and Johnson the fastest RB combo NDSU has ever had if they were on field at same time? don't they both run a 10.60 100 m?

SafeTeeJ is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    This Oline has a lot to say in how well our QB and RBs are doing, and by extension, the WRs and TEs, plus they are solid as well. Just fun.

I wasn’t an Olinemen, but I would think it does take time for the Rams to come together and jell with timing and technique during the season. Especially with the new faces and position changes. Skies the limit for this crew. Scary to think they will only get better as the post season goes. They really blew the USD line off the ball last week. Also the oline blocking schemes are really keeping opponents on their heals. Kudos to the coaching staff as well.
    "The bird is in your hand"

Plugging Seth Wilson back into the mix for next season is quite exciting as well.

Previously I was a little concerned about losing Brooks next year. He seemed to have a unique explosiveness that our other backs couldn't quite match. After getting a peak at some of the freshman running backs, I'll still be sad to see Brooks go, but I think we're going to be just fine.