Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31

Thread: Bison Running game

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    208

    Default Bison Running game

    We now have 12 different players averaging over 5 YPC on the season...

    Trey
    3 WR
    7 RB
    1 Punter

    Have we ever had this much diversity and talent on one team or is our Oline just that good?

  2. #2

    Default Re: Bison Running game

    The thing that differentiates this RB group from other groups in the past to me is their speed. Brooks and Johnson are especially lethal but Cofield and Williams aren't bad in that department either.

    The O-line is dominant though. Kolpack had an article about them this week talking about it. 5 MVFC offensive lineman of the week awards for the group and they've had the same starting 5 for every game this year *knockonwood* so continuity has been great as well. Entz did mention in his last press conference though when asked by Kolpack that he thinks the main reason the O-line has stayed healthy this year is that they've been able to rotate in guys like the Kubas bros, Jalen Sundell, and Cody Mauch enough so lineman rarely have to play more than 50 snaps in a game.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Borup
    Posts
    17,731

    Default Re: Bison Running game

    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    The thing that differentiates this RB group from other groups in the past to me is their speed. Brooks and Johnson are especially lethal but Cofield and Williams aren't bad in that department either.

    The O-line is dominant though. Kolpack had an article about them this week talking about it. 5 MVFC offensive lineman of the week awards for the group and they've had the same starting 5 for every game this year *knockonwood* so continuity has been great as well. Entz did mention in his last press conference though when asked by Kolpack that he thinks the main reason the O-line has stayed healthy this year is that they've been able to rotate in guys like the Kubas bros, Jalen Sundell, and Cody Mauch enough so lineman rarely have to play more than 50 snaps in a game.
    This Oline has a lot to say in how well our QB and RBs are doing, and by extension, the WRs and TEs, plus they are solid as well. Just fun.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC







  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    1,446

    Default Re: Bison Running game

    I remember a quote from Blazek saying this could be the best OLine in NDSU history if they wanted to be. That was in fall camp and I thought it was ridiculous hyperbole. I now think I’m wrong.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    9,796

    Default Re: Bison Running game

    Quote Originally Posted by fmfantasy View Post
    We now have 12 different players averaging over 5 YPC on the season...

    Trey
    3 WR
    7 RB
    1 Punter

    Have we ever had this much diversity and talent on one team or is our Oline just that good?
    Yes.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    SoSoDak
    Posts
    797

    Default Re: Bison Running game

    the diversity of the entire offense is the best its been in the last decade, and quite possibly ever. What's even more unbelievable is that of the 7 players averaging over 5 YPC only 1 is a senior.

    And 2 of them are true freshman
    Texting someone "Did you get my text message?" is like asking someone "why do you hate me?"...I don't think you're ready for that answer.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    208

    Default Re: Bison Running game

    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    The thing that differentiates this RB group from other groups in the past to me is their speed. Brooks and Johnson are especially lethal but Cofield and Williams aren't bad in that department either.

    The O-line is dominant though. Kolpack had an article about them this week talking about it. 5 MVFC offensive lineman of the week awards for the group and they've had the same starting 5 for every game this year *knockonwood* so continuity has been great as well. Entz did mention in his last press conference though when asked by Kolpack that he thinks the main reason the O-line has stayed healthy this year is that they've been able to rotate in guys like the Kubas bros, Jalen Sundell, and Cody Mauch enough so lineman rarely have to play more than 50 snaps in a game.
    And don't forget Bussey.. are Bussey and Johnson the fastest RB combo NDSU has ever had if they were on field at same time? don't they both run a 10.60 100 m?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Mpls, Mn
    Posts
    928

    Default Re: Bison Running game

    Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    This Oline has a lot to say in how well our QB and RBs are doing, and by extension, the WRs and TEs, plus they are solid as well. Just fun.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I wasn’t an Olinemen, but I would think it does take time for the Rams to come together and jell with timing and technique during the season. Especially with the new faces and position changes. Skies the limit for this crew. Scary to think they will only get better as the post season goes. They really blew the USD line off the ball last week. Also the oline blocking schemes are really keeping opponents on their heals. Kudos to the coaching staff as well.
    "The bird is in your hand"

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    West Fargo
    Posts
    11,872

    Default Re: Bison Running game

    Plugging Seth Wilson back into the mix for next season is quite exciting as well.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    10,233
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Bison Running game

    Previously I was a little concerned about losing Brooks next year. He seemed to have a unique explosiveness that our other backs couldn't quite match. After getting a peak at some of the freshman running backs, I'll still be sad to see Brooks go, but I think we're going to be just fine.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •