Thread: First Basketball game

KTF is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default First Basketball game

My family is attending our first basketball game on saturday night. I am wondering how early before the game one should arrive so that we don't miss any pre-game show/introductions/etc... Also what is the best parking area, I am thinking Fargo Dome lot and entry from north side? My Daughter had a knee surgery and is in a brace that makes long distance walking a bit of a challenge... we have a temporary handicapped parking permit... I might try for the southside of the SHAC.

Default Re: First Basketball game

High School volleyball at the dome this weekend. Not a parking problem, but $5.00 to park. I would drop your daughter by the south door and then park somewhere on the south side.

Quote Originally Posted by KTF View Post
    My family is attending our first basketball game on saturday night. I am wondering how early before the game one should arrive so that we don't miss any pre-game show/introductions/etc... Also what is the best parking area, I am thinking Fargo Dome lot and entry from north side? My Daughter had a knee surgery and is in a brace that makes long distance walking a bit of a challenge... we have a temporary handicapped parking permit... I might try for the southside of the SHAC.
    You shouldn't need to show up very early at all. Maybe get there at 4:45. The intros/anthem don't usually start until the top of the hour. That said, if you haven't wandered around the SHAC for a bit it might be good to get there early and check it out if your daughter is able.

As far as parking goes always check the Fargodome event calendar. I was burned last year by trying to park north side of the SHAC when the state wresting tournament was just getting over at the Fargodome and spent about 20 minutes trying to get to the end of the parking lot closest to the SHAC. Even earlier this year the Celine Dion concert at the Fargodome on the same night as a basketball game made getting from the interstate to the SHAC a half hour affair. It looks like there is the State Volleyball Tournament (class A and B) at the dome this weekend so you might want to consider parking west or south of the SHAC.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    You shouldn't need to show up very early at all. Maybe get there at 4:45. The intros/anthem don't usually start until the top of the hour. That said, if you haven't wandered around the SHAC for a bit it might be good to get there early and check it out if your daughter is able.

As far as parking goes always check the Fargodome event calendar. I was burned last year by trying to park north side of the SHAC when the state wresting tournament was just getting over at the Fargodome and spent about 20 minutes trying to get to the end of the parking lot closest to the SHAC. Even earlier this year the Celine Dion concert at the Fargodome on the same night as a basketball game made getting from the interstate to the SHAC a half hour affair. It looks like there is the State Volleyball Tournament (class A and B) at the dome this weekend so you might want to consider parking west or south of the SHAC.
    All good advice. Only real hassle is when events are going on at the Dome at the same time (screw you Celine Dion).

Nothing going on at dome, just park north of SHAC in the Dome lots for free.
    Something smaller going on at dome, still park north of SHAC in Dome lots for $5. Maybe head out 15 minutes early.
    Celine Dion at the dome, take alternate route. Avoid exiting off 12th or 19th avenues. Come up through Fargo and approach SHAC from the east instead and park in the neighborhoods east of University and walk to SHAC.

Parking south of SHAC is pretty limited. Never had much luck finding parking there. I must not show up for games early enough.

KTF is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Thanks for the advice! I was thinking about eating at Herd and Horns prior but wonder how packed it will be with the football game going on...

Thanks for the advice! I was thinking about eating at Herd and Horns prior but wonder how packed it will be with the football game going on...
    Pretty sure all the bars with restaurants will be packed for this Bison Football game.
    Althought this game is on regular TV so might not be quite as packed as last week.

I'd roll in 15-20 minutes early if she has a bum knee.

Enjoy the game.
    College of Business Alumnus

Sorry for your experience
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?