Page 47 of 83 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Recruiting Updates

Default Re: 2021 Recruiting Updates

Love that Pascoe and other Florida guys are recruiting a NDSU offerred kid Leviticus McAffee DB 6 1 175 with Maryland & Virginia Tech offers... and he replied to them
    That would be a sick commit!!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post

Gerrit Poncius - 6’ 7” 265 - OL - Buffalo MN
    Offered by Northern State. Next offer from Concordia St Paul.
    2021 NDSU interest, younger brother of current Bison Hunter Poncius

Also offered by University of Mary, Sioux Falls
    Poncius now offered by St Thomas - 1st FCS offer

St Thomas also offers
    Forrest Scheel - 6’ 7” 280 - OL - Eden Prairie MN
    How ‘bout that high school line at EP?
    Scheel is a teammate of NDSU offer Sam Henry (6’6” 270)

With a name like that, seems like a good Fargo kinda player - he could maybe get one of those new endorsements the NCAA will allow......

St Thomas has been very very busy throughout where I check in on - NDSU’s recruiting footprint - including Wisconsin Illinois Iowa
    Last edited by bruinbison; 08-02-2020 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Poncius now offered by St Thomas - 1st FCS offer

St Thomas also offers
    Forrest Scheel - 6’ 7” 280 - OL - Eden Prairie MN
    How ‘bout that high school line at EP?
    Scheel is a teammate of NDSU offer Sam Henry (6’6” 270)

With a name like that, seems like a good Fargo kinda player - he could maybe get one of those new endorsements the NCAA will allow......

St Thomas has been very very busy throughout where I check in on - NDSU’s recruiting footprint - including Wisconsin Illinois Iowa
    I'm always curious when players say they are "offered" by Pioneer League schools (like St Thomas will be once they're D1). They don't allow athletic scholarships for football in that league but I've heard other private schools in the Pioneer League like the U of San Diego get pretty creative with their "academic" financial aid to athletes. When a player gets just a normal FCS offer it's kind of an unknown about whether it's a full or partial scholly offer but for a school like St Thomas it's even more of a gray area.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I'm always curious when players say they are "offered" by Pioneer League schools (like St Thomas will be once they're D1). They don't allow athletic scholarships for football in that league but I've heard other private schools in the Pioneer League like the U of San Diego get pretty creative with their "academic" financial aid to athletes. When a player gets just a normal FCS offer it's kind of an unknown about whether it's a full or partial scholly offer but for a school like St Thomas it's even more of a gray area.
    They are being offered a spot on the team. No different than any other limited scholarship sport or D3. These schools still recruit heavily and don't just let anyone come out for the team. When I work a D3 game it's not unusual to have 50-100 recruits on the sideline before the game.

It wouldn't surprise me if the football coach has some influence on academic scholarships and grants. Most D3 schools use athletics to recruit their students. Some schools have up to 60% of their incoming freshman class as athletes.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    hmmm , I'd like to see some better offers. but 6 6 270 as a junior , maybe Coach Kramer is accepting this recruit under his wing...
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Anyone know what position they're thinking for Sam Henry? His Hudl page mentions that he plays DE/TE/T.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    hmmm , I'd like to see some better offers. but 6 6 270 as a junior , maybe Coach Kramer is accepting this recruit under his wing...
    Maybe implies that there is a chance Kramer wouldn’t take him under his wing. You have a reason to throw out this speculation?

These are the kind of kids that NDSU excels at. Take a raw recruit, build him up, teach him and bingo you have a all conference player.
    Best DI Football Team in the Tri-State Area - AGAIN

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Dan View Post
    These are the kind of kids that NDSU excels at. Take a raw recruit, build him up, teach him and bingo you have a all conference player.
    Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Any chance the staff would take Chapo and build him up (Think stilts), teach him and bingo have a fan that doesn't bitch about everything NDSU?
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!