Page 63 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Recruiting Updates

Default Re: 2021 Recruiting Updates

Now Verbal Britton Pascoe STILL is on crutches..

https://twitter.com/Bpascoe10/status...235387904?s=20
    Last edited by El_Chapo; 11-23-2020 at 01:46 PM.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    anyone wanna have a discussion about our recruiting this year?

offerred a pwo to a kid with only a community college offer?

@braden_rucker
    After an amazing phone call with
    @Coach_Entz
    I am very grateful to have received a PWO offer from NDSU
    Nothing to see here. Lot easier to recruit when you actually play football. Not many kids want to go to a stick your head in the sand school. I'm sure pl thinks everyone is doing a great job.

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Wichita linemen on the radar line of Coach Blaz:

Ben Purvis - 6’ 3” 280 - Wichita KS (Bishop Carroll)

Gabe Havlovic - 6’ 4” 280 - OL - Wichita KS (Bishop Carroll)

Still Think the recruiting class could use another scholly Ram, but so far not yet......none offered that I know of......
    Bison interest is good interest!......

Both Purvis and Havlovic have now been offered by D2 Washburn

anyone wanna have a discussion about our recruiting this year?

offerred a pwo to a kid with only a community college offer?

@braden_rucker
    After an amazing phone call with
    @Coach_Entz
    I am very grateful to have received a PWO offer from NDSU
    TBV......

Braden Rucker - 6’ 3” 245 - DL/OL - Eureka KS
    1st-team All Star Grasslands, 1st Team District 5 DL, OL
    Bison offer a PWO to Rucker.

In addition to the above mentioned JC offer (lots of CC’s in KS)
    Rucker also has a PWO from SDSU. Copied his Jackrabbit tweet to the DL coach for SDSU. Copied his NDSU tweet to both Coach Blaz (OL, Kansas native) and Coach Roehl (TE).
    Small school kid - 2A in KS. The Bison have nice PWO history with this profile. (e.g. Matt Biegler, Costner Ching) 1st Team All-District for both DL and OL (All-State teams out this week).
    Hopefully someone does an interview and gets more detail about position being recruited for......
    but sounds like someone with the possibility of being a DL, or an IOL, or a TE/Hback.
    Last recruiting class had a scholly OLineman, small but highly regarded, that the Bison are converting to a TE/Hback......so it has (is) been done (Jack Bram - 6'2" 231 LBS - Maryville MO)
    Last edited by bruinbison; 11-23-2020 at 08:24 PM.

I NEVER come on here anymore, but I was asked about something, so I checked....and I will say this and leave....It is sad to me to see Lakes on here ripping on coaching and recruiting.

We are the greatest dynasty in all of sports, yet he must know more than a coach. PATHETIC. I will show myself to the door. This used to be a fun source of info. I love recruiting. He has single handedly ruined it. I miss the days of Kermit...and other awesome fans sharing reasonable info.

***How do you rip on a potential walk on, when that is what this program was built on? Should we get out the laundry list of kids who have been walk ons and contributed? Become stars? Joe Haeg says hi.

Happy Thanksgiving. Stay safe.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    I NEVER come on here anymore, but I was asked about something, so I checked....and I will say this and leave....It is sad to me to see Lakes on here ripping on coaching and recruiting.

We are the greatest dynasty in all of sports, yet he must know more than a coach. PATHETIC. I will show myself to the door. This used to be a fun source of info. I love recruiting. He has single handedly ruined it. I miss the days of Kermit...and other awesome fans sharing reasonable info.

***How do you rip on a potential walk on, when that is what this program was built on? Should we get out the laundry list of kids who have been walk ons and contributed? Become stars? Joe Haeg says hi.

Doh'k if you "follow" recruiting and DON"T SEE A DIFFERENCE between this year and the last 10 years, with other offers, stars, the weekly subpar performances other than 2-3 than I cannot help you man.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post

We know how this program was built. That's why it's so sad seeing it sink like this. Yeah it's lakes and bisonville's fault too. Baby. Go protest something.

Doh'k if you "follow" recruiting and DON"T SEE A DIFFERENCE between this year and the last 10 years, with other offers, stars, the weekly subpar performances other than 2-3 than I cannot help you man.
    Burgundy is correct, you have been throwing shade all recruiting season.

I gave you 6 names over on the Forum thread - here your schtick makes you change it to 2-3......
    Have you checked Cam Devine’s numbers? He would be a 7th.

- you didn’t even know 2 of the 17 players were out with injuries. Another player is a long-snapper.
    What do you think of his times???

- small recruiting class - I have had to remind you a couple times there is a small senior Bison class.

- Of the 17 players, I’ll guess 3 are PWO and another is a PWO/partial offer

- NDSU got the top 3 available in-state recruits. I want to see that every year.
    No stars to any of them,......NDSU offered RB Barika Kpeenu - they did not offer Terrance Kamara (17ish offers, Air Force decommit - Northern Iowa commit). Perhaps you’d prefer Kamara to get those 2 stars......Obviously the coaches prefer Kpeenu......

Since you so prefer your stars from 247/Rivals, I’ll add some numbers below after I look them up - interesting stuff!

Edit: perhaps Chapo will be less grumpy - looks like Barika Kpeenu has been recently upgraded to a 3 star by 247. Still no FBS offers though so maybe he stays grumpy...... 1,392 yards and 17 touchdowns in 8 games - but Lakes would tell us no stats to see here......

I mentioned it earlier in the fall but I'm even more convinced of it now that there are even fewer scholarships available than originally planned (and this was already going to be a smaller than usual class). I know the NCAA allows for a one year increase in scholarship limits for the fall 2021 season but think about it for a minute.... they're not just giving seniors an extra year of eligibility they're giving every player an extra year of eligibility. That means instead of 5 years to play 4 everyone on the roster right now has 6 years to play 4.

So say they use up all available scholarships with this class and give the 6th year seniors like Zeb Noland who want to return in 2021 their scholarship and they carry a total of 70-75 full rides into fall of 2021 (if that's even financially possible given the budget tightening that's bound to happen). What happens in 2022 when the scholarship max goes back down to 63? Now you've got to decide whether to significantly tighten up your scholarship offers to 2022 recruits or tell those 2022 6th year seniors to pay their own way if they want to play.

Beyond that think about the monstrously unbalanced freshman class you'd have in fall 2021 with a big recruiting class this signing period. They added 30 freshman last year between the early and late signing days. They're at 13 commits right now for this year and probably going to add a few more. On top of that you've got 2019 recruits who redshirted in 2019 that will still technically be redshirt freshman in the fall of 2021 (there's 27 of them on the roster now). So now you've got a freshman class of 70 and counting next fall even with a relatively small 2021 class. That's not a good thing when you get 3-4 years down the road.

Just accept the fact that this is going to be a small class likely very light on scholarship players and there's most likely very good reasons for that other than laziness/ineptitude.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'm surprised Jacqui Fitzpatrick from MHD hasn't gotten more run in the recruiting game. As far as I can tell, his only interest is from USF and Northern State. The kid has hands and if you could put 10 lbs of muscle on him he could be a weapon.