Thread: 2021 Recruiting Updates

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2021 Recruiting Updates

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    Awesome! Let's go

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    They are being offered a spot on the team. No different than any other limited scholarship sport or D3. These schools still recruit heavily and don't just let anyone come out for the team. When I work a D3 game it's not unusual to have 50-100 recruits on the sideline before the game.

It wouldn't surprise me if the football coach has some influence on academic scholarships and grants. Most D3 schools use athletics to recruit their students. Some schools have up to 60% of their incoming freshman class as athletes.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Is there a limit to the amount academic aid that a DI FCS non-scholarship team can provide to an athlete? Can they provide 100%, 75%, 50%, 25%??? Whats the max they can provide to an athlete under the guise of academic scholarship?

Minnesota high school football season is moved to the spring... this will affect a boatload of NDSU recruits. I wonder if the NCAA changes the signing/recruiting period with many states likely to do this???

Also, spring football in Minnesota could get interesting since they'd have to start practice in February I'd think to get done by the end of May.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Minnesota high school football season is moved to the spring... this will affect a boatload of NDSU recruits. I wonder if the NCAA changes the signing/recruiting period with many states likely to do this???

Also, spring football in Minnesota could get interesting since they'd have to start practice in February I'd think to get done by the end of May.
    Yes it's gonna be a mess for recruiting.
    and for those above whining, i'm not a fan of d2 offerred recruits. sorry. I'm saying Kramer might of been the deciding factor like he gave his approval that he could mold him into a 300+ with muscle, just a guess.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Yes it's gonna be a mess. and for those above whining, i'm not a fan of d2 recruits. sorry.
    Don't you trust our staff's evaluation and projection of talent?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Don't you trust our staff's evaluation and projection of talent?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    we are a FBS program in FCS name only. Shoot for the stars, 2-3 star kids. Don't think we have 1 yet for this class

https://247sports.com/college/north-...tball/Commits/ in fact only a couple FBS offers total & 3-4 D2/PWO kids.

Granted, not having the Summer Camps is killllllling that vibe this year
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    we are a FBS program in FCS name only. Shoot for the stars, 2-3 star kids. Don't think we have 1 yet for this class

https://247sports.com/college/north-...tball/Commits/ in fact only a couple FBS offers total & 3-4 D2/PWO kids.

Granted, not having the Summer Camps is killllllling that vibe this year
    Because what NDSU has been doing hasn’t worked...

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Because what NDSU has been doing hasn’t worked...
    No we didn’t win one year, that’s not acceptable. Can’t believe we don’t recruit guys with Alabama, LSU etc. offers

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

What I’m gathering from all this is that with all the rules in recruiting this year with Covid and no personal meetings that there will be more under the radar kids choosing NDSU over other schools because the big schools are going after the star kids because that’s already established. The guys who give these kids the stars are also restricted in travel some and contact along with some schools going to spring ball instead. This could be a 2013 like graduating class coming in and we may not know it for 3 years.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Kayden Warren - 6’ 4” 250 - OL/DL - Rice Lake WI
    NDSU makes a preferred walk-on offer to Warren.
    Other offers include Minnesota Duluth, Bemidji State, SW Minnesota

https://mobile.twitter.com/KaydenWar...39535975755778

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/9681878...dedd0cd4667784

Winona State latest to offer Kayden Warren