Page 64 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Recruiting Updates

Default Re: 2021 Recruiting Updates

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Burgundy is correct, you have been throwing shade all recruiting season.

I gave you 6 names over on the Forum thread - here your schtick makes you change it to 2-3......
    Have you checked Cam Devine’s numbers? He would be a 7th.

- you didn’t even know 2 of the 17 players were out with injuries. Another player is a long-snapper.
    What do you think of his times???

- small recruiting class - I have had to remind you a couple times there is a small senior Bison class.

- Of the 17 players, I’ll guess 3 are PWO and another is a PWO/partial offer

- NDSU got the top 3 available in-state recruits. I want to see that every year.
    No stars to any of them,......NDSU offered RB Barika Kpeenu - they did not offer Terrance Kamara (17ish offers, Air Force decommit - Northern Iowa commit). Perhaps you’d prefer Kamara to get those 2 stars......Obviously the coaches prefer Kpeenu......

Since you so prefer your stars from 247/Rivals, I’ll add some numbers below after I look them up - interesting stuff!

Edit: perhaps Chapo will be less grumpy - looks like Barika Kpeenu has been recently upgraded to a 3 star by 247. Still no FBS offers though so maybe he stays grumpy...... 1,392 yards and 17 touchdowns in 8 games - but Lakes would tell us no stats to see here......
    17 kids, I would hope 10-11 are PWO/walkons
    I posted the Pascoe on crutches, because i was surprised he was still on them.
    The stats from these 17 have been far from impressive, sorry, that's just the truth (2 guys had 33 & 36 tackles all year 8 games)(1 had 20 carries 63 yards in a game)

Payton had a great season, Barika vs ND HS competition put up numbers. after those 2 it really trails off.
    seeing 2 tackles a game or 1-2 catches a game is scary and Im not gonna shove sunshine up anyone's ass with these numbers.

maybe after last years or TK Marshall, Raja Nelson, Saybein Clark stats we just got used to amazing numbers....sorry if that has clouded my judgement, but WE ARE NDSU! we should be Destroying Recruiting like we have last 10 years!

we have 4-5 players with FBS offers and Bowling Green/FIU/Army etc https://247sports.com/college/north-...tball/Commits/

And I've even posted about 5 times saying "maybe missing that summer camp really hurts NDSU where they offer/sign alot of guys"

Yea we will be fine... just don't want to see any decline!! pressure on!!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

I’ve always felt our area was under the radar for recruiting - nothing new there.

But in these pandemic times with limited travel, limited practice & games, is it even more under the radar?

247‘s Top Prospects by State:

Minnesota - 2020 (35 - 19 three star +) 2021 (11 - Ten 3 star +)

Wisconsin - 2020 (48 - 29 three star +) 2021 (14 - 13 three star +)

Iowa - 2020 (24 - 13 three star +) 2021 (25 - all three star +)

Nebraska - 2020 (12 - 8 three star +) 2021 (11 - 10 three star +)

ND - 2020 (0) 2021 (1 - three star)

SD - 2020 (1 - three star) 2021 (2 - both 3 star +)

So to summarize, the top players keep getting scouted - 3 star + with their multiple FBS offers.

- Look at Minnesota - where did all the players go?
    Could be a down year, or has 247 been slowed down on getting them ranked?

- Iowa - do they only have 3 star players this year?
    Where did the two stars guys go???
    Looks like a good year to recruit Iowa...hope the Bison do that...
    Oh wait......Kody Huisman
    NDSU will do what NDSU does - and get those under-the-radar less than 3 stars.

- Wisconsin - big drop in numbers from 20 to 21 - similar to Minnesota

So as Barika Kpeenu was upgraded, I won’t be surprised to see other players get a bump as well*
    e.g. Sam Henry, Cole Payton (currently a two), Jaxon Duttenhefer, maybe even Logan Kopp with his monster season (already a two)

*for those who have to see stars
    Last edited by bruinbison; 11-24-2020 at 03:24 PM.

sounds good Bruin. good spirited debate. we posted at same time. Missing the NDSU summer camps is probably a HUGE difference I am under estimating.

Jack Martens
    @Jack2Martens
    ·4h

After a great conversation with @Coach_Entz, I am very excited to announce that I have received my 4th D1 offer (PWO) from North Dakota State University! Grateful for this amazing opportunity!
    @NPauley9 @MWCScouting @travisWSN
    https://mobile.twitter.com/Jack2Mart...42845620768770

1st four games:

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/1031244...8d560b2c5b6f8f

Cumberland now 5-0 after winning 62-6.
    South Dakota has offered Martens, so will the Bison up their preferred walk-on offer? Columbia, Dartmouth and Fordham also in the mix.
    Jack Martens named WR of year in Wisconsin

https://www.wissports.net/news_article/show/1134326

Cumberland senior Jack Martens is wrapping up one of the most prolific careers of any receiver in state history. After helping the Beavers to a perfect 9-0 record this season, Martens has 250 career receptions, which places second, and 3,305 receiving yards, good for third on the state's all-time list. His 37 receiving touchdowns are fifth.

After catching 94 passes for 1,190 yards and 12 touchdowns last season, he's been even better in the abbreviated 2020 campaign. He hauled in 86 catches for 1,136 yards and 14 touchdowns, with three more scores on the ground (he scored 16 rushing touchdowns in his four-year career). He's also a shutdown defensive back for Cumberland. Martens earned WFCA Small School All-State recognition last season and is likely to be a three-time First Team All-Conference choice.

Braden Rucker - 6’ 3” 245 - DL/OL - Eureka KS
    1st-team All Star Grasslands, 1st Team District 5 DL, OL
    Bison offer a PWO to Rucker - also has a PWO from SDSU.
    Rucker now offered by NW Missouri

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    sounds good Bruin. good spirited debate. we posted at same time. Missing the NDSU summer camps is probably a HUGE difference I am under estimating.
    only 1 NDSU kid in Minnesota state top 30 is troublesome. some years we've had 2-3 in top 10 or 4-5 in Top.20
    https://247sports.com/Season/2021-Fo...chool&State=MN

Doh'k if you "follow" recruiting and DON"T SEE A DIFFERENCE between this year and the last 10 years, with other offers, stars, the weekly subpar performances other than 2-3 than I cannot help you man.
    I bet it is different primarily because of the pandemic.

I miss reading the informational posts by others about players we are recruiting instead of Lakes constantly ripping on the coaches of the greatest football dynasty of all time about players they are recruiting.

FBS offers....blah blah blah

Dewey

only 1 NDSU kid in Minnesota state top 30 is troublesome. some years we've had 2-3 in top 10 or 4-5 in Top.20
    https://247sports.com/Season/2021-Fo...chool&State=MN
    Nice find on the update.
    Good to see Sam Henry upgraded to a two star #16 Minnesota.
    Between his Bison offer & All-Metro 1st Team performance it was well deserved.
    Agree with you on the lack of Minnesota numbers for NDSU - at least this year the Top 9 are all P5 guys.
    TE commit Finn Diggins was totally under the radar before the Bison offer, him missing Perham’s last 3 games didn’t help him with 247.

How do you think NDSU is doing with Bryce Lance? (#10)

How about # 11 Dominic Mcmillian? Could use a bigger LB.

There was some early interest with #12 Michael Olowo (6’ CB)
    but haven’t seen anything in a long time. He seems like the kind of prospect who will end up at UNI......

Nice find on the update.
    Good to see Sam Henry upgraded to a two star #16 Minnesota.
    Between his Bison offer & All-Metro 1st Team performance it was well deserved.
    Agree with you on the lack of Minnesota numbers for NDSU.
    TE commit Finn Diggins was totally under the radar before the Bison offer, him missing Perham’s last 3 games didn’t help him with 247.

How do you think NDSU is doing with Bryce Lance? (#10)

How about # 11 Dominic Mcmillian? Could use a bigger LB.

There was some early interest with #12 Michael Olowo (6’ CB)
    but haven’t seen anything in a long time. He seems like the kind of prospect who will end up at UNI......
    Watching Dominic & Bryce online, I would say they are looking for a bigger school FBS offer. I'd say Bryce is NDSU unless he blows up.
    Love a 6' CB. UNI, ARMY offers so far. dude runs a 10.8 100 yard dash NDSU hasn't offerred him. NDSU doesn't have that many offers out period, that's a number I'd love to see.

Jake Cicero - 6’ 5” 235 - TE - Carol Stream IL (Glenbard North)
    Offered a PWO by NDSU.
    Also has a PWO from Illinois State. Other offers include Minnesota State Mankato, SMSU, Upper Iowa

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/1001757...f5a015e8693724

Some Illinois players are flying under the radar with no high school football this year......
    Central Arkansas follows with a PWO