Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Bracketology 3.0

Default Re: Bracketology 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by noryan34 View Post
    I think Sac state gets knocked since there loss came at home and Montana and Weber losses were on the road.

I dont see how you can separate the 3 Big Sky teams and it is hard to put a MVFC team in the middle of that sandwich

This is what i came up with trying to account for the bus trips. I can see the 5-7 seed matchups getting moved around.

CCSU @ Holy Cross vs. 1 NDSU
    Albany @ Villanova vs. 8 Monmouth
    San Diego @ Montana St vs. 5 Sac State
    Furman @ Towson vs. 4 Weber State
    SEMO @ SELA vs. 3 Montana
    UCA @ Austin Peay vs. 6 Illinois State
    Southern Ill @ UNI vs. 7 SDSU
    Kenesaw @ Wofford vs. 2 JMU

Last 2 in: Kennesaw, SIU
    First 2 out: Nicholls, UND
    Yeah, my comment was only regarding point differential. I don't know if the committee looks too closely at that, and it does seem like Montana is a more impressive team from a recency bias standpoint. I also think Weber has a more impressive record with the win over UNI (someone stated this earlier). Just crazy. But I think the way you have it set up where they are 3-5 is probably right. The problem is, where they end up on that 3-5 spectrum has massive implications. It literally decides a home field advantage and flips a whole side of a bracket.

I'll add that if SDSU blows out USD this weekend, i could see them sneaking into the 3-5 spot, especially if Montana loses to MSU.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Yeah, my comment was only regarding point differential. I don't know if the committee looks too closely at that, and it does seem like Montana is a more impressive team from a recency bias standpoint. I also think Weber has a more impressive record with the win over UNI (someone stated this earlier). Just crazy. But I think the way you have it set up where they are 3-5 is probably right. The problem is, where they end up on that 3-5 spectrum has massive implications. It literally decides a home field advantage and flips a whole side of a bracket.

I'll add that if SDSU blows out USD this weekend, i could see them sneaking into the 3-5 spot, especially if Montana loses to MSU.
    Ya I think SDSU is probably better than 1-2 of those Big Sky teams. But to put them there you have to have them leap frog Illinois State who beat them at their place. Also not sure about the FCS committee but I think the FBS takes into consideration significant injuries so I do not see SDSU jumping much higher than ~6 unless other teams lose this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by G_Funky View Post
    This would be interesting...a whole slew of new teams in the Fargo Dome.
    Thats how I know this bracket is waaaay off.

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    So the big question is what to do with Weber/Montana/Sac and SDSU/ISUr/UNI. They all beat eachother, you could argue they all deserve a seed, but where? do you look at point differential in the games?

Big Sky:
    10/19: Montana 22 - Sac 49 (Montana -27, Sac +27)
    11/2: Weber 36 - Sac 17 (Weber +19, Sac +8)
    11/9: Weber 16 - Montana 35 (Weber even, Montana -8)
    ... Sac +8, Weber even, Montana -8 ...

Missouri Valley:
    11/2: UNI 27 - ISUr 10 (UNI +17, ISUr -17)
    11/9: ISUr 27 - SDSU 18 (ISUr -8, SDSU -9)
    11/16: UNI 7 - SDSU 38 (UNI -14, SDSU +22)
    ... SDSU +22, ISUr -8, UNI -14 ...

Big Sky schools will be tougher to seed because if they all win next week, they all tie for the conference title. I can see UNI being left out of the seeding picture at this point.
    If that happens they’ll likely default to the conference’s criteria by making the autobid the highest seed and then probably determine the other 2 on head to head. This incentivizes conferences to devise the worst possible autobid criteria.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Starting to think Kenessaw will be in, they don't really belong but the committee probably isn't intelligent enough to see past their inflated record and overrated rankings. They are in the top 10 of the coaches poll, which is well amazing.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdThat! View Post
    Montana meet up in Frisco would be awesome
    This is what I'm hoping for.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Can Montana win at JMU? I'm not so sure...I would pick them in Missoula though.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

The seeding at this point doesn't mean squat. The committee will place SDSU, Montana, Montana St., N. Iowa and probably ISU-Red on NDSU's side of the bracket because of proximity to save money. Change my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison4x View Post
    The seeding at this point doesn't mean squat. The committee will place SDSU, Montana, Montana St., N. Iowa and probably ISU-Red on NDSU's side of the bracket because of proximity to save money. Change my mind.
    You have no clue how the committee sets the seeds. Change my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison4x View Post
    Agree.. just like D2 playoff system.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?