Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Bracketology 3.0

Default Re: Bracketology 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    yes they will. 3 teams. especially with the Southland rep being the head of it. right?

NICHOLLS, UCA & SELA

sorry bubble teams. lol
    that can't help Bubba
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    yes they will. 3 teams. especially with the Southland rep being the head of it. right?

NICHOLLS, UCA & SELA

sorry bubble teams. lol
    The rep must recuse himself from all conversation regarding those teams from his conference.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Committee chair I believe is from JSU

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    The rep must recuse himself from all conversation regarding those teams from his conference.
    Lmao just like New Hampshire’s did all of those years

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Lmao just like New Hampshire’s did all of those years
    lol bazinga. it's like putting your CEO in the hallway. you still gonna appease him
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    that can't help Bubba
    They are even more screwed now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

No. A committee member from a school must leave the room when their school is talked about. A committee member from a conference office must leave the room when a member of their conference is being talked about. The manual does not say a member from a school that is representing a conference must leave the room when other schools from their conference are being talked about. I think this is why the conferences often select athletic directors from schools not normally in the running for an at-large bid to be their representatives. The current MVFC rep is the AD from Missouri State. He can stay in the room for any discussions on MVFC schools except MSU.

Section 2.3 Selection Criteria
    5. If a committee member’s institution is under consideration, that committee member will not be allowed in the room during discussions involving his/her team and may not vote for his/her team during the voting process. Similarly, a committee member from a conference office may not be present during discussions, nor vote for any team from his/her conference.
    https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/cha...ampsManual.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    No. A committee member from a school must leave the room when their school is talked about. A committee member from a conference office must leave the room when a member of their conference is being talked about. The manual does not say a member from a school that is representing a conference must leave the room when other schools from their conference are being talked about. I think this is why the conferences often select athletic directors from schools not normally in the running for an at-large bid to be their representatives. The current MVFC rep is the AD from Missouri State. He can stay in the room for any discussions on MVFC schools except MSU.

https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/cha...ampsManual.pdf
    Similarly, a committee member from a conference office may not be present during discussions, nor vote for any team from his/her conference.

Is this not what I said????
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Similarly, a committee member from a conference office may not be present during discussions, nor vote for any team from his/her conference.

Is this not what I said????
    I don't believe so. Each conference sends someone to the committee. That person could be an AD from a member school(say the MSU AD), or an official from the conference office(say Patty V for us). If the rep is an AD, they only have to leave if their school is being discussed. If the rep is a conference official, they have to leave for any conference member being discussed. At least that's the way I read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    I don't believe so. Each conference sends someone to the committee. That person could be an AD from a member school(say the MSU AD), or an official from the conference office(say Patty V for us). If the rep is an AD, they only have to leave if their school is being discussed. If the rep is a conference official, they have to leave for any conference member being discussed. At least that's the way I read it.
    Ok no biggie.